General Discussion, Wednesday, July 7, 2021

24 Responses to General Discussion, Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Happy Wednesday!

May your entire day be blessed!

Good news to start the day….

Louisiana, You’ve Come a Long Way, Baby
    July 6, 2021 – by Nicolas Reynolds

Right before the July 4th break, Louisiana House Bill 146 — a lesser-known pro-life bill — was signed into law. What the bill accomplishes, however, is not only worth noting, but championing in Louisiana and in other states.

Mornin’ kids!

Mornin’ Lucille and everyone else who shows up later. Well, I expected to wake up this morning and see bad weather. Right now it is only a cool 74*, very windy, and doesn’t feel as humid as usual. It is actually very pleasant out. It still isn’t here, though. They are still saying it will come onto land above Tampa a little later. All of you not in the path of this storm……..have a nice day. 😀

5. czarina33 says:

It is World Chocolate Day! Initially celebrated in 2009. Since GGS is here I think I’ll have him make triple chocolate brownies (from a box mix). He will be 14 next week, and I’ve been teaching him to bake since he was 2. He can do it independently now.

I’ve been thinking about making brownies for the past several days. Maybe today will be the day!

• Menagerie says:

My grandson has been with us since Sunday. This morning I mad chocolate chip pancakes, which they all love and I hate. Indeed, must be chocolate day.

If Conner comes over he asks me to make them for him even if it is in the evening, he just thinks I’m his personal pancake chef. Even though he gets told no a lot more than yes. Conner is definitely a never hurts to ask kind of kid.

• Menagerie says:

I made a yellow cake with chocolate icing for a cookout this past weekend. I was particular about the recipe, and found a doozy. The cake was moist and light and the icing the best I have ever had.

Usually I just casually make icing like everyone, maybe throw in cream cheese if I want that flavor. The recipe I found called for melted dark chocolate as well as dark cocoa, and heavy cream as well as the typical ingredients. Little more trouble, lot more taste.

Oh yeah, it’s pretty much my favorite cake too.

Brownies sound great, and good job on teaching the young man to cook. It’s a good skill to know, plus I am of the opinion that kids who are more self sufficient have an easier time being more self confident.

• Lucille says:

The reactions are delightful…

Villagers Try Ferrero Rocher First Time
      March 5, 2021 – Common Man Show/India

If you are “crafty”, you will probably enjoy this video!

I have made similar comments on Twitter in reply to those who are all excited about the “gallows” where they planned to hang VP Pence (supposedly), but this person’s tweet is much funnier than mine.

(ADD: Mine said something about midgets)

Totally disgusting.

Chris Botti – National Anthem
    Beautiful rendition of the “Star Spangled Banner” at MetLife stadium – New York Giants vs Indiana Colts – November 3, 2014