General Discussion, Friday, July 2, 2021

29 Responses to General Discussion, Friday, July 2, 2021

HAPPY PATRIOTIC AMERICAN FENCE FRIDAY!

Isn’t it great to be an American!

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!

God bless America!

Have a blessed day!

• auscitizenmom says:

Love the pictures.

• czarina33 says:

Back in the late 80’s my mom & I drove around in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine in June & July. We were in some tiny town on July 4th, and they had a parade after breakfast. It was kids on bikes and trikes, parents pulling wagons, marching groups and bands, and convertibles all decorated patriotically, all joyful. Parade route along Main street was lined one deep with appreciative grandparents and other onlookers, applauding. I hope they are still doing that.

• czarina33 says:

The wide spot in the road (2 gas stations with food, and a post office) about 8 miles from here will be having its annual fireworks display and Gospel Sing on Sunday. I plan to take GGS, who hasn’t been for 8 years because we had Grandma, who could not tolerate the heat of a July afternoon. Czar loved to go, to see who came, talk to anyone who was nearby, just enjoy rural America.

Mornin’ kids!

4. Menagerie says:

Happy Friday everyone. Enjoy this upcoming holiday weekend. Don’t know what’s going on here, except that I’m craving Mexican street corn salad. That will accompany something!

Following up on my film review from yesterday, here’s a video of the John 3:16 moment. You of course cannot appreciate it entirely without having seen the prior episodes prepare Nicodemus for this, but still, it’s wonderful.

As yesterday, I remind that the role of Nicodemus is expanded to give us insight and understanding of the Pharisees, to contrast them, their wealth and power and rigidity to Jesus. John’s gospel does not give us this scene, but this scene does justice to where it may have come from, to what our Lord is telling us. It’s powerful.

The guy who is the creator, Dallas, likes to talk, a lot. I skip past most of his stuff to Jesus.

Mornin’ All. Hot, humid, and I just noticed it has started raining lightly. Good thing Loki made me get up a little earlier by jumping on the top of my head. I guess I will spend a lot of my day doing laundry. I think most everything I usually wear is in the dirty laundry. And, now it is time for breakfast. Try to stay cool.