Bill Cosby to be released from prison, charges dropped

UPDATED WITH COURT OPINION

This, apparently, caught the media by surprise.

Click to access J-100-2020mo%20-%20104821740139246918.pdf

This entry was posted in Law, News, The Culture, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Bill Cosby to be released from prison, charges dropped

After having read the 79-page document through page 25 and then skipping over but reading occasionally through the rest of it, I wish I hadn’t. It’s ugly reading and contained things I didn’t need to know and can do absolutely nothing about. At the time, I only read news reports and didn’t know details.

Mr. Cosby is a thoroughly disgusting predator who deserves no respect or consideration. Morally, he deserved his sentence.

I do believe the decision to vacate the conviction is correct. The man is guilty of the crimes, however, as evidenced by his own depositions. Justice was both served and not served.

We females can be really dumb on occasion as can males, of course, and people can open themselves to exploitation which could have been avoided. When famous celebs are involved, it’s an added incentive to take chances. If an invitation to become a friend or a mentee comes up, common sense many times becomes expendable.

Sad, terrible, sick and a cautionary tale if people would listen.

I have always been super cautious. I was invited by a member of a big (world-known) rock band to go back stage as a guest at their concert. I felt uncomfortable, and turned it down.

Your summary of the situation is the same I have heard all over the internet by lawyers and pundits: He apparently was a sleazy guy who definitely admitted to having drugged women for sex, but that the decision to overturn the verdict is just. If a prosecutor can do what they did to him, they can do it to you or me.

• auscitizenmom says:

I agree. But, I am pretty annoyed with some who think he was released because he wasn’t guilty. And, their reasoning is that the women stayed in contact with him.

2. TigerBear says:

A deal was made whether we like it or not and the court did the right thing. Finally the rule of law being upheld regardless of political or public opinion.

3. TigerBear says:

Came across this video and gives a different perspective by breaking down all those involved.
    Very interesting and many of us could be subjected to this type of injustice.