General Discussion, Thursday, June 24, 2021

from Dover Beach by Matthew Arnold

The sea is calm tonight.
The tide is full, the moon lies fair
Upon the straits; on the French coast the light
Gleams and is gone; the cliffs of England stand,
Glimmering and vast, out in the tranquil bay.
Come to the window, sweet is the night-air!

32 Responses to General Discussion, Thursday, June 24, 2021

Today I’m in La Spezia, Italy on the northwest coast in the Ligurian Sea. It’s both a commercial harbor and a seaport/base for the Italian Navy.

Live Webcam La Spezia (SP) Italy – Saint Bon Square

Have a beautiful Thankful Thursday!

• Lucille says:

Buongiorno…

Ecco una mappa della zona intorno a La Spezia (Here is a map of the area around La Spezia)…

Arrivederci!

• Menagerie says:

Morning Lucille, a month from now I’ll just be coming home from a week at the beach. I am really looking forward to it. Whole family is going, so it will be great fun and also maybe a little tiring too. Seven adults and five kids in one large house. Fortunately it is a very large house, there is a pool for the kids, and of course the beach, so hopefully things will go well, but with Conner in the mix, as well as his daredevil pal our youngest grandson, it will be interesting.

• Lucille says:

Good morning, Menagerie! May the beach do its magic and tire all the little ones out in no time…yeah, that’s probably not going to happen. Enjoy it all anyway!

2. nyetneetot says:

I’m still here. I just keep messing up my password and such

Mornin’ y’all!

Yay! Two Saturdays in a row!

Morning’ All. It was fairly nice outside this morning. We got two full inches of rain last night. That’s really good. My almost 6 yr old granddaughter (her birthday is in July) is going to play a piano recital today. So my DIL has set it up so all the grandparents and their dad can watch online. I am so excited. It is amazing how well she can play. And, she loves to practice. I am really looking forward to it. It is hard to not be around for those things.

Here’s to nice weather for the rest of you. 🙂

• Lucille says:

Good morning, aus! How wonderful your little princess has such talent. Loving to practice shows more than ordinary talent and gets into the prodigy range. When it goes into that realm, look for a professional to pop up. So make sure they are taping it for her future Internet video channel…and I’m only half joking there.

Dear little Loki. Yes, we take care of our pets like they are our children. God bless each one! Give her a kiss and a pat for me.

My goodness. I had taken Loki to the vet for her checkup and shots yesterday and she was in great shape. After we got back from our walk this morning and she had eaten breakfast, she kept lying down on her stomach, which was not unusual, but then in a few seconds she put her butt up in the air like she was playing. She couldn’t rest that way and so it started all over again. Since she kept doing it, I figured something was wrong. I had her come to me and patted and rubbed her all over, especially her tummy looking to see if she was in pain. Didn’t find anything. But, later I noticed a BIG staple on the carpet, one of those you put in furniture. I bet that was sticking in her when she laid down. She seems all right now. Amazing how fast you can panic when your pet seems to have a problem. 🙄

This is what happens when Republican legislators think of career more than the people they supposedly serve….

Minnesota Senate Republicans cave on California car mandates
    June 23, 2021 – American Experiment

Yesterday, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that Minnesota Senate Republicans have caved on their bid to delay Governor Walz from imposing deeply unpopular California car mandates on Minnesota drivers. The move is disappointing, and it will have real-life negative implications for Minnesota families.

American Experiment has led the fight against these mandates, which are being enacted by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) at the direction of the Walz administration.

Corruption begets corruption….

NYT Attorney Dave McCraw THREATENS Veritas Counsel with Publishing Other Clients’ Communications
    June 24, 2021 – Project Veritas