General Discussion, Sunday, June 20, 2021

25 Responses to General Discussion, Sunday, June 20, 2021

1. geoffg12 says:

Did you know that Stone Hedge was relatively complete until the local farmers got steam tractors,
    They began the systematic destruction in the early 20s, and used the stones for other things, I visited the site in the late 70s.

Stellars…

Have a lovely Father’s Day!

The First Father’s Day
    By Dave Stotts, Drive Thru History®

Mornin’ Lucille, Geoff, and everyone. Weather same as yesterday. Happy Father’s Day.

Last night, about 1:00 AM, it must have been, I was awakened to some strange noises. It sounded like someone was throwing something agains the wall. Finally there was a whole lot of noise and varied colored lights in the sky. Somebody was shooting off fireworks. Not the little one and a time things, but more like a full display. I don’t know what that was all about, unless maybe Juneteenth..

Mornin’ y’all!

Mornin’ WeeWeed! Wallis loved her jewels, but most of them weren’t this tacky.

• czarina33 says:

I’m watching The Crown, and they were not kind to her. And they told the truth about her, and about Edward’s activities with the Nazis.

• WeeWeed says:

Afternoon Czarina!

• czarina33 says:

Been alternately sunny and rainy. GGS and I are resting up after the pump work yesterday. Had waffles for brunch when he woke up at 11:30. He has that requirement to sleep 12 hours a day now that he’s a growing teenager (will be 14 next month). He grew over 7/8” between July and Dec 2020, and over 1” since Dec. He wants waffles again for dinner! I told him he’d have an egg and a piece of sausage with it.

• Lucille says:

Do they mention the part where she wrote her second ex-husband, Simpson, that marrying Edward wasn’t something she really wanted to do but she felt trapped by him and all the circumstances. Sad letters. That lack of character made me feel sorry for the person she was then.

• Lucille says:

Good day to you, WeeWeed! If it were a photo frame to sit on a shelf, I’d take it in a heartbeat. But a piece of jewelry with a completely charmless photo? Nope. He gave her thousands of jewelry pieces and mementos.

When I was working at Universal in the 70s, my boss and I received an assignment for the rather fictionalized TV movie about the couple called THE WOMAN I LOVE starring Faye Dunaway and Richard Chamberlain. Both of them were pleasant to the behind-the-scenes people whenever we interacted with them, Chamberlain especially. I really liked him. Very well-educated

I don’t recall whether anyone posted this article written by President Trump the other day…so in case you missed this terrific missive to America….

A Plan to Get Divisive & Radical Theories Out of Our Schools
    By Donald J. Trump – June 18, 2021

As a candidate, Joe Biden’s number one promise was to “unite” America. Yet in his first months as president, his number one priority has been to divide our country by race and gender at every turn.

There is no clearer example than the Biden administration’s new effort aimed at indoctrinating America’s schoolchildren with some of the most toxic and anti-American theories ever conceived. It is vital for Americans to understand what this initiative would do, what drives it and, most importantly, how we can stop it.