General Discussion, Thursday, May 20, 2021

35 Responses to General Discussion, Thursday, May 20, 2021

Stellars….

The language accompanying the hydrangea photos above and below was Russian; so perhaps the scenes are somewhere in that largest land mass country in the world…

Sunset Over the Fields of Lavender in Provence, France…

Have a beautiful day!

• weather257 says:

Morning Lucille, and thanks for the uplifting photos. Do you have some rain/snow up there, or is my weather map messin’ with me?

• Lucille says:

Good morning, weather! No snow, only rain and not particularly cold at 44 degrees. We need the rain as we’ve had quite a dry spring so far….so we are waiting, waiting for more…

“I’m Waiting…I’m Waiting In the Rain” by Serbian artist Djukaric Dusan

Elephants arrive at White Oak Conservation in Florida
    Posted on May 2, 2021

• weather257 says:

“For the first time in their lives, these elephants can choose where and how they want to spend their days.” (Made my eyes water.)
      How wonderful and total opposite of the Bill/Melinda Gates ‘foundation.’ These guys are truly authentic philanthropists. Thanks for the link, Lucille.

This looks interesting. Maybe we should have info cards made up to hand out if anyone gives a person guff.

Mornin’ y’all!

Mornin’ Lucille, Wee, and All. Same ol’ weather. We really need rain. And, usually by now it is so humid and hot, even a morning walk is difficult. Praying for rain.

• czarina33 says:

Lots of rain to the west of Lake Ponchartrain, training over the same area (mostly swampy; did not need the additional water). We are grey, only a 1/2” old rain yesterday but it was humid and warm. Probably will get some rain today, but a dry front will move in from the east and we will be warm and dry (well, not Colorado dry, but probably 45-55% humidity) with no rain for 3-4 days. We need about a week of no rain just to reduce the swamp in our yard….

• auscitizenmom says:

The weatherguessers say no rain today. But I have developed a slight headache which usually mean rain or storms with/without rain. We’ll see.

• Lucille says:

Whenever Lake Ponchartrain is mentioned I think of one of my favorite people, Paul Cotton, and his group Poco. The quality of this 1979 vid isn’t first-rate but that somehow adds to the ambiance. “Heart of the Night” is on a cassette Paul gave my Mom.

Our group of 12-15 gals and guys partied, dined and went on outings together from the late 70s into the early 2000s. After my Dad died in 1989, Mom was invited to many of the activities. Paul was engaged to one of the gals. Paul and Mom hit it off right away and she was so touched when he gave her the cassette with the songs handwritten by him on the cover. It’s sitting right now on my desk. “Heart of the Night” is my favorite song that Paul wrote…

6. litenmaus says:

….it’s snowing like crazy this morning and it’s supposed continue through tomorrow……..arrrrrgggghhhh!

• auscitizenmom says:

SNOW??!!! 😯

• litenmaus says:

:0) yep aus, that was pretty much my response when I got up this morning…

There’s very little wind and it’s snowing hard enough that the visibility is down to about a half a mile. Just another beautiful Springtime weekend. :0)

• The Tundra PA says:

Feelin’ yer pain, ‘maus! It’s just way to late for that …stuff! We got rain today and I’m hopeful the last of our snow banks will be gone by tomorrow. Yay spring!

• litenmaus says:

:0) Hey Tundra, Oh man, I am doin’ a happy dance for you…it’s a wonderful thing when the snow banks disappear.

I decided that instead of being disappointed that we’re seeing more snow, I’d spend the day being delighted that I have a great excuse for a guilt free day of doing nothing..my outlook on the snow is much better now…:0)

• Menagerie says:

Wow. Such a difference in our climates! My grandson is having a birthday pool party this weekend and the temps will be in the 90s. Which I dread. I have loved our mild spring.

Hi everybody! I think it’s finally spring/summer here. Highs in the 70’s/80’s during the day, and in the 60’s/70’s at night. Supposed to be 88 this afternoon, and 90 the next two days. Rain on Sunday.

Always seems to be this way in May. One week it’s cool and the next is scorching.

Trump Lashes Out at the 35 House Republicans Who Joined Democrats and Voted in Favor of Pelosi’s January 6 Commission
    By Cristina Laila – Published May 20, 2021 at 1:10pm

I wonder if anybody told Joe …