Timcast IRL: This Is ACTIVE Big Tech Censorship

This is something we oldies don’t usually listen to, and they discuss technology most of us aren’t familiar with. You might learn something; I did.

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, Free Speech, Politics, Social Media. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Timcast IRL: This Is ACTIVE Big Tech Censorship

1. Sharon says:

In the current issue of Imprimus (Hillsdale College) which I just received today, the featured discussion digs into these things, presenting some great definitions (the law of contradiction, the distinction in definitions of tyranny vs. totalitarian, and how totalitarianism is dependent on technology.

So many good signposts in todays issue…I was going to try to excerpt some particular part, but I think I would have a hard time selecting and wouldn’t want such a selection to suggest that it is “the high point” of the report by Larry Arn. He covers a great deal with regard to the history of words and government.

• glendl says:

Nothing went wrong with the teaching of American History. It was all carefully planned and implemented.
      In the 1920s, the Left began taking control of the Colleges of Education and Social Studies at the major universities that future leaders would attend. By the 1960s, the Left had control of most universities and made inroads into the public high schools. The riots of the 1960s bear out my statement. I am not sure when they gained complete control of PreK-12 education, but they did.
      If I had to make a guess, it would have been in time to election the Illegal Alien known as 0bama in 2008.

George Bernard Shaw, Fabian Society, London School of Economics devised what is known as the Law of Gradualism, commonly known as ‘baby-steps”. Small incremental changes are made, so small that they are not noticeable. But, when the people realize what is happening, it will be too late to stop them.

Shaw and the rest of the Fabians, were hard-core Communists, As such while they would never throw bombs killing people as Lenin was doing, they were definitely not criticize him. Why not? “Because when you are a Communist, the enemy is always to the right.”
      The enemy has to be to the right because no one is to the Commie Left. Hence, Biden’s comment about Hawley being a Nazi. Anyone who opposes the Communists is always a Fascist/Nazi.

If you wish to make a leftist have a complete meltdown, tell them the Nazis are Socialists. Mainly, they are Socialists, both the Communists and Fascists/Nazis took their philosophies from the teachings of Karl Marx.

2. Sharon says:

I will try to view this, Stella. I limit how much audio or video I try to take in these days. It seems to be too much to absorb…..and usually, frankly, it is just more evidence of things I already knew, even though I couldn’t have talked about them very well, probably.

However, your encouragement re learning some things……….yes! I will try to view this!

3. Sharon says:

Very informative and great conversation. Really interesting to hear the points they instinctively agree on and the points where one or the other says, “Well, now wait a minute…..”

It seems they really made a serious effort to stand their ground on freedom of speech and not get bogged down on “different camps” definitions.

I have trouble with these discussions. I guess I don’t know enough about the names of the things they are talking about.

5. just stevie says:

OK I listened to this….really gets interesting at 8 mins! Proves the point that administrators of sites hold the keys! Not so much banning a certain party of persons (like what’s happening now with big tech), but being able to delete just an individual’s post that’s abusive, that helps ensure the integrity of free speech. ๐Ÿ™„ My brain hurts…lol

• glendl says:

There was a 93 page document on Citizenship. It was removed from the internet and out accts. All I had left was a link to an Australian used car lot. The author and the owner of the lot had the same last name. It re-surfaced a year or two later containing 84 pages.
      Because I had copied it off is proof it existed. That is something I don’t like about this high tech stuff.

6. jeans2nd says:

These kids may know today’s tech, but they are sorely lacking in how we arrived at this point in tech. It is good kids like this are around. We Old Guys are dropping fast.

Blockchain is based on the torrenting platforms of the early 2000’s, as is Bitcoin, something all are able to understand when explained properly. There is no stopping the progression of tech. What is needed are principled kids like these guys, and there are many more just like these guys, and in different fields.

These are the independent thinkers, and trust me, there are many more of us..
    There are so many of us, both sides, that agree on so much, and are able to work out the small differences in beliefs. These kids are part of that. Kinda gives one more hope, huh?

Wicked Son would reverse-engineer the viruses, while I cleaned up the mess by cleaning out the registries. Who is correct? There is always another cracker for a hacker to take down, and vice versa. Jehovah Nissi Ex 17:15

(had a chance to get in on the ground floor of Bitcoin – kid to support – no money. oh, if only…)