President Trump says Defense Secretary Mark Esper has been terminated

CNBC

WASHINGTON — In a pair of tweets Monday afternoon, President Donald Trump said he terminated his Secretary of Defense Mark Esper.

“I am pleased to announce that Christopher C. Miller, the highly respected Director of the National Counterterrorism Center (unanimously confirmed by the Senate), will be Acting Secretary of Defense, effective immediately,” Trump wrote.

A Defense Department spokesperson declined to comment and referred CNBC to the White House.

This entry was posted in Government, News. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to President Trump says Defense Secretary Mark Esper has been terminated

1. hocuspocus13 says:

Here’s a story…

There’s a radical group called Sunrise that has been parting outside the White House all weekend

They stated on Monday (today) they were going to get radical… not sure what that meant

Their goal is to remove Trump from office now and overthrow the US Government

A very radical woman who is with the radical group Sunrise was caught having ties to Esper

And apparently Esper was leaking information to help Sunrise over throw the US Gov and Trump

Laura Robb worked at DHSHQ for 3 1/2 years including CISA and FDA

She too was just caught leaking to Sunrise

• Lucille says:

I don’t doubt this. Esper has balked at carrying out President Trump’s agenda on a number of occasions and was openly vocal about it…insubordinate, I’d say. He was even worse than Mattis, whom I’ve had no respect for since the day he didn’t back Lt. Col. Chessani re Haditha.

That is interesting. Esper is the one who opposed Trump on using the Insurrection Act.

2. jeans2nd says:

What took so long?

3. A Landmesser says:

Glad to see Esper go, now how about axing the heads of the FBI, CIA Navy and Marines?

4. Rev.Bro. Generik Broderick says: