And the latest on social media response.
Hunter Biden pursued lucrative deals involving China’s largest private energy company — including one that he said would be “interesting for me and my family,” emails obtained by The Post show.
One email sent to Biden on May 13, 2017, with the subject line “Expectations,” included details of “remuneration packages” for six people involved in an unspecified business venture.
Biden was identified as “Chair / Vice Chair depending on agreement with CEFC,” an apparent reference to the former Shanghai-based conglomerate CEFC China Energy Co.
His pay was pegged at “850” and the email also noted that “Hunter has some office expectations he will elaborate.”
In addition, the email outlined a “provisional agreement” under which 80 percent of the “equity,” or shares in the new company, would be split equally among four people whose initials correspond to the sender and three recipients, with “H” apparently referring to Biden.
The deal also listed “10 Jim” and “10 held by H for the big guy?”
Neither Jim nor the “big guy” was identified further…
Another email — sent by Biden as part of an Aug. 2, 2017, chain — involved a deal he struck with the since-vanished chairman of CEFC, Ye Jianming, for half-ownership of a holding company that was expected to provide Biden with more than $10 million a year.
Ye, who had ties to the Chinese military and intelligence service, hasn’t been seen since being taken into custody by Chinese authorities in early 2018, and CEFC went bankrupt earlier this year, according to reports.
Biden wrote that Ye had sweetened the terms of an earlier, three-year consulting contract with CEFC that was to pay him $10 million annually “for introductions alone.”
Interesting that he mentions “our family”. Strange wording in a business setting.
“Consulting fees is one piece of our income stream but the reason this proposal by the chairman was so much more interesting to me and my family is that we would also be partners inn [sic] the equity and profits of the JV’s [joint venture’s] investments.”
MORE (including juicy details) from the DAILY MAIL:
- The laptop was revealed to include a picture of Hunter with what appears to be a crack pipe, and an 11-minute sex and drug video which is still to be seen;
- Twitter barred the Trump campaign from its account for trying to share the originally story about Hunter’s Ukraine emails amid a mounting row over ‘censorship’ by it and Facebook;
- Donald Trump seized on the release – orchestrated by his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani – to call his rival ‘a corrupt politician’;
- Senate Republicans said they will investigate the first tranche of emails, from Hunter’s Ukrainian business partners, which appear to show the Burisma energy aide being introduced to Joe Biden when he was vice president;
- Democrats accusing Giuliani of peddling ‘misinformation’ and ‘parading around with a Russian agent.’
Giuliani’s lawyer Bob Costello said there are some 40,000 emails on the hard drive including thousands of texts. It also includes images of Hunter ‘in very compromising positions,’ Costello told Fox News.
There has been no comment on the new emails from Biden’s campaign, his lawyer, nor the Chinese businessman.
Much more at the Post and Mail, including video and photos.
Both Twitter and Facebook took extraordinary censorship measures against The Post on Wednesday over its exposés about Hunter Biden’s emails — with Twitter baselessly charging that “hacked materials” were used.
The Post’s primary Twitter account was locked as of 2:20 p.m. Wednesday because its articles about the messages obtained from Biden’s laptop broke the social network’s rules against “distribution of hacked material,” according to an email The Post received from Twitter.
The President’s son weighs in:
Reporter at the New York Post:
And info about the people behind social media censorship: