It’s Doggityday!

Image | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to It’s Doggityday!

Whenever His Dad’s In The Hammock, He Launches Himself In
    The Dodo Pittie Nation – August 26, 2020

3. jeans2nd says:

This one broke my heart. How can people do this to a dog and then abandon her?
    But the ending is sooooo good – looks like a different dog, truly. 3:50

• Gary says:

I can’t speak to the “abandon” part, that’s just not in my wheelhouse but…..after my father passed my mom began to show signs of Alzheimer’s. They had a Siberian Husky they had rescued named Tasha. Mom lived three and a half hours away from my brother and I and as time went by we couldn’t help but notice Tasha getting larger than she should be. We did our best to control her weight, even having a neighbor who rescues Greyhounds check daily. We put Tasha down about a year later after learning she had pancreatic cancer.

• jeans2nd says:

Gdaughter brought me her rescue cat, who had been abused, and i inherited Ma Soeur’s dog, who was very overweight.
        My small experience has been they eat from boredom and loneliness. Getting them to reduce is a work of love.

With my two I feed twice a day and measure their food. No free eating. The cat rarely gets treats, and Tucker gets fruit and veg.

• jeans2nd says:

Mine have always had measured, twice a day, but left out between meals. The new, overweight cat consistently eats my old guy’s food (14 yo). Changing the old guy’s routine upset him.
            So, i’ve turned into Food Police {{sigh}}
            But she’s lost some weight!

• auscitizenmom says:

My friend has a 10 yr old puggel who was refusing to eat. She tried everything she could think of to get her to eat. Her vet (and I) suggested she quit giving her so many treats. Didn’t help. After about 4 days she decided to put the food back in the doggie’s old dish (she had gotten a new one for her). THAT fixed it. She wouldn’t eat out of the new dish. :\. Now she know why her doggie wouldn’t eat when she went to stay with a friend even though she loved being at the friend’s house.