General Discussion, Saturday, August 29, 2020

Image | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

58 Responses to General Discussion, Saturday, August 29, 2020

In case you missed this wonderful story today…God bless our dear President and Mrs. Johnson to the full….

President Trump Grants Full Pardon to Alice Johnson
    By Kristinn Taylor
    Published August 28, 2020 at 2:34pm

• Stella’s top photo reminds me again that Jerry DeLemus is is still in a high security prison in Massachusetts. Jerry’s arrest, imprisonment and sentence was nothing but pure politics and vindictiveness. You can go to https://granitegrok.com and search on Jerry DeLemus for the most complete timeline of information on this travesty of justice.

It is not politically advantageous for President Trump to pardon him, even though it has been requested multiple times. I pray we are able to overcome the voter fraud Hillary Clinton openly spoke of, and Trump gets re-elected so he can pardon Jerry DeLemus in his 2nd term as president. I also hope people wake up to the fact more prosecutions like Jerry’s will happen if Trump loses.

Please note that recently there was a fundraiser in NH to help out his wife who injured her back and can no longer work. Also, around beginning 2015 Jerry had fallen and had a major injury with a fractured pelvis and a number of complications related, so they have had a lot to deal with the past few years. GraniteGrok has links to a secure reputable, local donation page if you would like to help. I also think they list Jerry’s address at the prison if you would like to write him.

Stellars…

1) Iris, 2) Wallflowers, 3) Peruvian Lilies, 4) Sneezeweed

Mornin’ kids! lol…

• lovely says:

Morning Wee ! I was in Antioch yesterday Kyle Rittenhouse’s home town. The MSM is doing it’s regular BS.

Just wait until Lin Wood is done with them.

Kyle is a good kid. who defended himself against 3 felons. 3 heroes of the Left 🙄.

I can’t wait for some things to come out, yes his mom dropped Kyle and a friend off. Kyle protected people that evening in another story that has not even been told yet. His family member owns a business up in Kenosha.

WI open carry law is 18. WI castle doctrine law does not have an age requirement. Kyle immediately called 911 after he shot Joseph Rosenbaum in self defense as Rosenbaum tried to wrestle Kyles’s gun from him and told dispatch that he shot someone and thought he killed them.

Antioch yesterday;

Sickening what Biden Nancy Pelosi Obama Clinton BLM Antifa et al have done to this country.

• WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ Lovely!

I read that he was at work in Kenosha as a lifeguard that day. I believe one of his attorneys said this.

• I have been reading as much as I can about this. Kyle Rittenhouse has a high protective instinct (sort of reminds me of Ohr in “The Blind Side” movie). Yes, I also believe he is a good kid trying to protect people. He was a lifeguard earlier in the day, and was GIVING MEDICAL AID TO RIOTERS AFTER THEY WERE SPRAYED BY POLICE!

Tucker Carlson was one who said it’s because the men aren’t doing their job, that a boy is left to do it. I agree and said the same before I heard Tucker say it. I wonder how many people feel the same way.

I also wonder why the Kenosha authorities told the police to stand down, and let the rioters spread out past the barriers. It almost seems like the citizens protecting their property, including Kyle, were set up. The left in varied democrat cities have just been pushing things for months waiting for a response such as this. When you watch the videos and listen to the audio, it is so obviously self defense, but that does not matter to the Corporate Communist media.

• lovely says:

The MSM doesn’t matter it does not care if Kyle is convicted, they care about ruining the country and causing riots and race/class warfare.

Kyle has the backing of a lot of people.

When the BLM Antifa crowd found out he was from Antioch they gathered forces and headed there. **Rumor** has it there were about 100 of them. Antioch is a small town the speed limit through main street is 20 miles an hour. The 100 rioters didn’t do a darn thing, they were met with a wall of patriots ready to bust their heads open if they tried to bring Kenosha’s nonsense to Antioch.

Politics

Kenosha’s Sheriff is a warrior he is backing his police.

2018

Kyles Gofundme was shut down in 15 minutes.

Mornin’ WeeWeed!

• Mornin WeeWeed 🙂

Yes, don’t show up to a gun fight with a skateboard, but also the guy with the gun needs a good lawyer! Way to go Lin Wood!

• czarowniczy says:

Well that didn’t open.

BTW, Grey cat wants to know….oh wait, we went thru that already. Never mind.

5. litenmaus says:

1 of 2

His life was only a family rumor and his death was never entered into any registry.

It was a beautiful fall day. A group of cowboys were leading their cattle through the Indian territories and down through the badlands to the banks of the Missouri River. They were so close to ‘home’ and the winter feeding grounds and and the drive was on schedule. The ‘boys’ would be across the Missouri with enough daylight remaining to safely bed the herd and the next day they would be on the final leg before reaching the winter grounds.

As the group worked their cattle down through the hills and valleys of the badlands, they reached the banks of the Missouri River and began to cross the river with the cattle swimming against the river’s formidable current. After a half hours struggle, the first group stood on the opposite bank, watching as the second wave entered the water. Halfway across the river, one of the young bulls was overcome by the current, swept into the side of another steer and both were swept into the side of the horse of one of the young cowboys.

The horse went down, the cowboy lost his saddle and disappeared under the water. The second group of cattle and cowboys struggled across the remaining stretch of the river and up the bank. The cattle, after their harrowing swim began to graze on the grasslands. The group of cowboys spent the rest of the early evening riding the banks of the river, trying to locate their companion, but darkness and the need to attend to their herd halted the search.

After an evening spent tending to the herds, grabbing a little food and some much needed rest, the crew set out the next morning to finish the cattle drive and notify the family that their son had been washed away in the river.

The following day, several of the cowboys returned to the banks of the Missouri and spent the next three days combing the area. On the afternoon of the fourth day, the body of the young cowboy surfaced and his body was thrown over the back of his horse. Another day’s travel and the young man was buried ‘high on a butte near Johnson Hill’.

6. litenmaus says:

2 of 2
    That cattle drive took place over two hundred years ago. Johnson Hill was an unrecorded landmark used by the settlers to identify an unknown hill down by the river breaks and the young man’s short life and his gravesite were lost to history. He was my ancestor and my sister and I have been searching for his burial site our entire lives.

Last fall, my sister and I headed out to take a look at some of the buttes that were within a two day ride of the Missouri breaks and that might be accessible by horseback, and that might have been in the area where the cattle crossed the river and that might be worth considering as a possible site for future exploration. It was a beautiful day and we ended up taking photos of three areas that we thought were ‘possibles’. We took photos of several “hills” that we thought might be ‘Johnson Hill’ and like dozens of other trips we’d made searching for an elusive piece of our ancestry, we finished the day with a picnic beside the Missouri and a prayer for a young man who had been forgotten.

The following week, my sister was in the emergency waiting room of the local hospital and as fate would have it, a 97 year old gentleman sat down in a chair near hers and they began a conversation. My sister asked him where he was from and he stated that he was born down on the Missouri river breaks. She explained that we’d just been down in the same area he was born and we were trying to locate a place once called “Johnson Hill” and had he ever heard of such a place? He replied yes, and the photos we had taken were brought out. Lo and behold, he pointed to one of the ‘hills’ and stated… ‘we used to play on this hill, and my grandfather called it Johnson Hill’. And then he dropped a bombshell- he knew the name and story of the cowboy’s drowning. His grandfather was one of the cowboys who was there that warm fall day when a young man drowned in the Missouri River. The grandfather had kept a diary at the time and had recorded the events of the cattle drive, those who he was riding with, the drowning of the young man and the subsequent burial .

Over two hundred years ago, hundreds of miles of area searched, a random meeting, a diary from a young cowboy and a young man’s burial ground was finally located – ‘high on a butte, by Johnson Hill’.

And all that from your banner photo…thx Stella…. :0)

• Menagerie says:

This is awesome. First, I enjoyed the history and story. And then, to find out he was your relative and then the finding someone who knew of him. Thanks for sharing this wonderful story.

I was reflecting the other day on the unrecognized heroes of our American heritage, the cowboys, track layers, canal builders, farmers and ranchers, and yes, even the painted ladies.

I was privileged to spend a week in Nevada with day trips to California around 2007 or 2008. I got to go to Virginia City. They still have very public recognition and stories of one of the owners of a brothel who was a heroine to the miners, nursing them when they fell ill and had no one to care for them.

She was murdered and the firemen gave her a great send off with a fine funeral procession. May every human drop in the melting pot of America Rest In Peace.

• litenmaus says:

Thanks Menagerie…
        May every human drop in the melting pot of America Rest In Peace – Amen.

• “I was reflecting the other day on the unrecognized heroes of our American heritage”

I was thinking about that same idea listening to the stories of “average” Americans during the Republican convention. I said to DH how many really great anonymous everyday people we have in this country. It almost brought me to tears. We are truly Blessed.

• Wow! I have goose-bumps!

God meant for you to meet, not only for you to find that hill and information, but for you to allow the elderly man to tell that story. I’ve noticed that older people, even myself, feel useless compared to what they were able to do when younger. One thing they can do is tell their stories. The stories of older people are more and more important to record, because for many people today in this country, our culture has swirled down the drain. We need those stories and record of that way of life to be retained.

It’s also nteresting how that one photo of Stella’s seems to have different connections and meanings to multiple people (see above Jerry DeLemus comment).

Thank you for sharing your story!

• Sharon says:

That is so great, litenmaus. So fine.

In recent years as I have been immersed in family history documentation, I came across a similar backstory in my father’s courtship letters to my mother during the winter of 1926. He was temporarily in the Roosevelt County seat of Wolf Point, serving jury duty, and writing his current letters to her on letter from the hotel where they were housed.

He reported to her that they had been following news of the loss of two young men in the community who had drowned in the Missouri, as they attempted to cross on ice that they thought was thick enough. It was not. In a later letter, he reported that the bodies of the boys had been found. He and some of the others on the jury attended the funeral in Wolf Point out of great empathy for the families and to show their compassion and support.

Such events were often recorded in diaries and family notes, even as reported by your new 97-year-old friend, and preserved within the family. I am so grateful (and excited) that you were able to connect the dots with the help of that old gentleman. That’s good. That is so very good.

They thought. They wrote. They remembered. They took time. I’m glad we can still do that.

• Sharon says:

I just realized I didn’t make it clear – the young men who died in the river were driving across it in their car. There are lengths of Montana space (I believe to this day) which have no bridges across the rivers for considerable miles, requiring lots of driving, and the winter freezeup makes for considerable shortcuts.

litenmaus, one of my cousins married a rancher who lived south of the river near Brockton, and they always made use of the ice crossing in winter. That would have been in the 1960s…and I’ve not lived there since then so I don’t know if there have been other bridges installed.

• litenmaus says:

:0) No bridges built in that area in the last 60 years or so Sharon……There are a couple of ferries that still run in Blaine and Choteau counties but the roads leading to them are poorly maintained and yeah, I feel for the remote ranchers and farmers who have to detour for mile upon mile to reach the few bridges that exist in some of the rural areas.

7. Sharon says:

This may be a harbinger of something very good.

If the democrats of the Iron Range in northern Minnesota are cutting out for POTUS, that will have considerable influence in other democrat Americans elsewhere in the state.

Excerpt from the article:

“At a campaign rally for Trump’s reelection, Minnesota Iron Range mayors — Virginia Mayor Larry Cuffe, Chisholm Mayor John Champa, Ely Mayor Chuck Novak, Two Harbors Mayor Chris Swanson, Eveleth Mayor Robert Vlaisavljevich, and Babbitt Mayor Andrea Zupancich — endorsed Trump and Vice President Mike Pence for a second term in office.”

Excerpt from the statement released by those mayors:

“The hard-working Minnesotans that built their lives and supported their families here on the Range have been abandoned by radical Democrats. We didn’t choose to leave the Democratic Party, the party left us.”

This, on its own, is very good.

• czarowniczy says:

Trump and (D) Gov Edwards are touring the Cameron and Lake Charles areas today and Trump approved the emergency aid well before coming down. I don’t really expect Edwards to endorse Trump but let’s see if he invites or encourages Biden to come down.

If Biden does come down it’ll be for carefully managed photo-ops as that area’s not really Biden country.

8. Morning All! 🙂

Speaking of the millions of everyday heroes in this country, my grandfather was a soldier who was gassed in WW1 and survived. He later died in a fire at work years before I was born. I wish I could have met him. I wonder if he could have survived the work fire if had not had the lung damage from the WW1 gas.
    This painting is huge at 20 feet wide by 7 feet tall – almost life sized, so I tried to make the pic as large as I remember Stella said was OK (650pixels?) to get the idea. The pic and info is from tp://arthistorynewsreport.blogspot.com/2016/11/world-war-i-and-american-art.html

Hello to everyone I missed, and have a great day everyone 😉

9. Sharon says:

Oh, good grief. Look what else I found as a side-offering on Breitbart. Anything that makes me LOL, two times in a row (that’s when I stopped looking and copied the link to share here) is worth sharing….

It’s about funny bumper stickers.

10. Hi Stella,
    Was my picture post too big. It’s not showing up. I thought 650 was the largest size to post. Was I wrong?
    Thanks 🙂

Desserts in your air fryer:

I tried a new banana bread recipe. It’s good!

ADD: Moist but not too dense.