General Discussion, Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Image | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to General Discussion, Tuesday, August 4, 2020

A Scenic Railroad Like No Other: Cumbres & Toltec

The Cumbres & Toltec really is the most authentic scenic railroad youโ€™ll find in the United States and it is just 4 hours from Denver.

2. czarowniczy says:

Glad I don’t live in Minneapolis. Seems the city government’s sent out a letter to the citizens telling them they’re on their own. If confronted by a robber, mugger, carjacker or, by logical extension, a rapist they have to protect themselves. It’s suggested they just comply with the attacker’s demands, give it up, or try to escape. This is going on while the same government searches for a replacement system for traditional police.

3. lovely says:

You donโ€™t even need to lay your ear to the ground any longer to hear the drums of war.

Sweet.

No immunity: State judge who helped illegal alien escape to face rare trial

Mornin’ sportsfans! The day-drinking begins shortly…โ€ฆ..

Mornin’ everyone. 80* here but very humid. Funny how the humidity makes such a difference. I could hardly stand to be outside on our walk this morning.

• Lucille says:

Good morning, aus! It’s 75 degrees outside right now and heading to 89; humidity @ 41% with a 2mph wind. I’d love to go to one of the lakes around here but none of my friends are leaving their houses yet.

6. Morning everyone!

Over at the Treehouse it seemed many were sad and worried – a lot more than here. Sundance was trying to lift things up. Even though I don’t often comment over there, I thought having another day of fun animals might be a good idea. After starting Cursday for dogs on Thursday over there years ago, I thought maybe Tuesday for animals other than cats or dogs. So I said how about Tuesday, and another Treeper suggested calling it Zoosday. This is the 2nd Zoosday there.

So, to make a short story long, what do you think of Monday for a day other than cat/dog day here, then it would be Mon-Wed-Sat? People here are more cheery, but more fun is always good! My motto is take your party with to wherever you go ๐Ÿ˜‰ What name would you give to Monday “zoo” day? After Stella’s adorable animal week last week I should have posted this then, but too much work last week you know! What do you think Stella?

Here is a painting I love, and just had to post asap hahaha. I guess it’s both the colors, and I really like daisies even though they are difficult to grow. This is by Dmitry Patrushev

Have a great day everyone. Still tons of work to do! ๐Ÿ™‚

7. czarowniczy says:

Something that’s been bouncing around in my brain for a few weeks now that I can’t get a straight answer to…I’ll ask my cardiologist on Monday next when I see him but I’m not counting on a straight answer.

I’m seeing local doctors on the news going on about how one of the major problems with the COVID is microclots. They are responsible for much of the multi-organ failures and are particularly bad in the lungs. Autopsies are showing they’re probably responsible for many of the COVID fatalities.

This isn’t new, I can remember articles months ago on how doctors were treating COVID patients in hospitals with anticoagulants, showing the problem’s not new, it’s been a known for a while. Ditto curcumin, I’m seeing lots of articles – on the established private and Federal medical sites, not whacko conspiracy sites – on the properties of curcumin that have a positive effect in dealing with COVID issues. There are even articles on piperine used with curcumin to increase its bioavailability and effectiveness in reducing inflammation, cytokines and the cytokine storms that are so dangerous with COVID.

So far I can’t get anyone to say that taking that same 81-grain aspirin recommended for reducing heat attack and stroke chances due to clots is good for COVID microclot prevention. Ditto with the curcumin, though drug companies are studying the daylights out of it to try and find a way to patent the active ingredient and sell it for big $$$$$. Seems the Powers That Be in the medical business haven’t cleared anything to really deal with COVID other than the mask and hiding under a blanket in your attic so the doctors at the end of the business tube are sorta stuck with shrugging their shoulders and billing your insurance company.

• czarowniczy says:

‘heart attack’ not heat attack. Sheesh.

Would be interesting to know. I’m also taking the 81-grain aspirin and two other drugs (Brilinta and Coreg) to prevent clotting, so I would be afraid to take anything else without a doctor’s recommendation.

• czarowniczy says:

I wouldn’t take curcumin or piperine in your case, it would decrease your clotting abilities even more but the 81-grain and Brilinta should do it.
        There are bundles of articles on ‘yes, give aspirin’, ‘no, don’t give aspirin’, ‘give thinners to someone admitted with COVID’, ‘don’t…’. I’m wondering how many patients are dying from fear of treatment due to medical dithering.

• WeeWeed says:

I think I read an article a few months ago about the blood/clotting problem and that the same thing happened in many malaria patients which is why the hydroxyetc. mess was talked about in the first place – but with the way things are in the googleverse I’m not even gonna try to look for it.

• czarowniczy says:

y to stay with the major university and Fed med sites. Few people outside of the med/med research community look there so it’s easier for those with a vested interest in denying treatments to let us stew.

• czarowniczy says:

Yuh know, I looked at that b4 I posted it and the ‘I tend to stay…’ was there. Either WP is still messing with me or I gotta dial back on the medical Columbian…

“Hope” – Shaun Paul Diaz, composer and cellist

This one was breathtaking. Photo by LakeSuperiorPhoto.com

August 2020 sunset from Superior’s south shore, Marquette MI

We are having a t-storm going over right now. Made me think of my friend’s puggle who is scared to death of storms and comes completely unglued when she knows one is coming. She finally tried the thunder shirt and it is helping a lot. In fact, the puggle will actually come to her with her tail wagging for her to put it on. She said she had tried it years ago and didn’t think it was any good. I asked why, and she said that the doggie wouldn’t move, stood perfectly still for about a half hour. I told her that meant it worked. She went, “Oh, yeah.” LOL

• czarowniczy says:

Our terrierista has suddenly become afraid/anxious during heavy rain or thunderstorms. I think she’s just discovered an excuse to haul herself up into our laps.