General Discussion, Monday, July 13, 2020

Image | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to General Discussion, Monday, July 13, 2020

Ms. Stella and Stellars…

• czarowniczy says:

I’d said early on in Trump’s administration that this was going to be 4 years of uninterrupted guerilla warfare. There was a lot of money behind Hillary, and a lot of people have had their power and money-making plans shelved.

We’ve seen the premier LEA and intel agencies of the nation willingly used as tools to illegally influence an election sand attack a sitting president. Historic levels of foreign money has been invested in attacking Trump and supporting Biden, a person clearly unable to do the job but a great shill for those behind the scenes ready to transform America.

Remember when the Democrats were saying that Reagan was too old to be president? At 71, taking office they said we had an antique, someone who didn’t have the grasp of the complex current world, whose thinking powers were dimmed with age? Well if Biden wins he’ll be as old when he’s sworn in as Reagan was when he left office.

The Dems have a huge war chest, a nation fearful from the COVID, a nation whose economic base built over the last few years has been eroded by the virus and teams that have been working hard over the last 4 years to correct all of those mistakes they made, especially in the battleground states, in the last election. We don’t want to think about it, and there’s a lot of magical thinking out there, but things look gloomy in November.

Trump is no favorite of the Republican elite and they’ve done precious little to help him. TheRsats are, and have been for four years, down at the grassroots level slowly chipping away at any support for him they can find. All politics are local and the Rats are masters at exploiting that. They have a constant flurry of polls at all levels checking to see how their work is going on, fine tuning and adjusting, building on that leftover Hillary momentum and convincing the lower levels that the economic benefits they’re seeing are actually the results of Democrats fighting Trump’s giving all of our treasure to the 1%.

The Rats have taken the race and economic wars to a new level, from rhetoric to armed action in the streets that have cost innocent lives. You’re not hearing much about it, it’s being mostly covered in the LEA press and not in the MSM, but in the last few months a slug of police have been murdered by protesters and some in quite well planned ambushes. The Rats have carefully planned to demonize the police to limit their abilities to control the Raty-owned rioters. The MSM is carrying the narrative of police as repressive and overbearing (COPS and LIVE PD have both been cancelled by their networks) and the people are drawn into condemning the only group capable of defending them from the hordes of Rat packs savaging the cities. Allllll of those millions upon millions of people living in the confines of their urban areas, seeing hordes of government-supported vandals destroying property and threatening the public while that same government heavily criticizes the police for responding to the rioters and restricts the police’s ability to respond. Tell me this hasn’t been in the planning for a long time and conveniently appears in the midst of a convenient pandemic and convenient economic mess. All too convenient.

I just don’t feel comfortable with November. I’d mentioned this next door a few days ago and what I git back in response was the conservative version of the same blind enthusiasm Hillary’s supporters had in 2016. There’s a messy battleground out there, it’s going to get far worse the closer we get to November and Trump’s noty getting the support he needs from the Party.

• WeeWeed says:

Afternoon Z’s!

• czarowniczy says:

Hot’ un too. Didn’t get outta the 80s last night, at 6 AM we had some rain so we done woke up to 82 degrees and 89% on the patio. 97 with 56% wet air now.

• Lucille says:

Why You Should Be Optimistic About Trump Winning
        By Kurt Schlichter – Posted: Jul 13, 2020 12:01 AM

When there is something that I really want to be true and things are leading me to believe that it is true, the lawyer and soldier in me both compel me to look for why I might be wrong. After all, confirmation bias exists – you want to believe that what you want is what actually is. Just look at Twitter. It’s a veritable orgy of liberal confirmation bias, though a gross, icky orgy like you might have seen at an after-party on a Bulwark cruise.

• czarowniczy says:

Because I’ve never gone into a battle thinking the enemy was less competent or capable than I. I always presume that they’ve done at least as much prep than I have and in this case I’m seeing a lot of groundwork prep being done by my enemy and precious little by ‘my side’.

The psyops side here is strongly in favor of the Rats as they have control of the media, the mobs and are actively working on hamstringing the police. I’m seeing the strategy of trying to scare the hell out of the electorate on a continuing basis with Uncle Joe stepping in at some preplanned point to calm the waters.

• Menagerie says:

I’m seeing those thing too czar. I just don’t think they are working. I think, and have repeatedly said, that as a whole American citizens are slothful, unthinking, couch bound slobs who vote according to headlines and sound bites.

This time however, they had a taste, for a couple years almost, of a rip roaring economy under Trump, and now they are getting more than a taste of liberal Democrat inspired anarchy, violence, and theft.

They’ve had the carrot and the stick. I think they are going to roust up enough to go carrot in a big ass way. At this moment, and of course it could change, I think it would take voter fraud on a massive, and I mean huuuuuge scale, for them to win.

I never bet on American citizens anymore. We got where we are out of pure ignorance and laziness. But right now, at this moment, I’m a believer.

• czarowniczy says:

I didn’t even get into the voter fraud – a guy’s long-dead cat getting an absentee ballot? You have major strip cities governed by Democrats with Rat flunkies in charge of elections’ offices. You don’t need massive vote fraud, just enough in the battleground states to put Rat electors in, and the Rats will be certifying the honesty of other rats. If there’s fraud, who’s going to investigate, the FBI?

It’s an all-out push in November, we have to win everytime, they just have to win once.

• jeans2nd says:

Same on the North Coast. It’s different this time. The magic is gone.
        We went into full gear Sept 2015, meeting in homes and library basements. We were roaring by the primaries Mar 2016. It was fun. By george, it was fun. Nothing and no one could stop us. Literally.

Not so this time. There is nothing going on, except for the annoying, insulting text messages demanding more money and questioning your loyalty and patriotism. It is like Beijing Biden has taken over the Trump campaign.
        Heck, in 2016 when Ohio was called, i knew it was all over and went to bed.
        Not this time.

I will vote, do my part as best i can, and leave the rest to The Lord.
        After all, i still believe The Lord is The One Who pulled it off in 2016, and no one will ever convince me otherwise.
        There is more, but that’s enough.

• czarina33 says:

People with the ability must make the effort to testify to the undecided, educate the uninformed, and get out the vote. Until they get the right message and the enthusiasm, those who don’t get it will not make any effort, and Trump will need them.

• czarowniczy says:

I presume were talking about that huge slug of native-born who are graduates of as school system that tests behind ex-Bloc Baltic countries?

• Lucille says:

Good afternoon, Miz WeeWeed! Lots of good articles at American Thinker today. I’ve flashed this one you posted off to an email list. Thanks!

Mornin everyone. Struggling with a kindle here. Don’t be offended if I don’t respond or like.

Talked to a neighbor yesterday. She works for Publix and said nobody there has been tested with covid even though they have all worked this whole time.

• czarowniczy says:

If they test and employees start to show positive then they’d most likely have to close and that means money. If you know you have positive employees that ratchets up the liability potential up to a new level. Best thing to do isbe defensive wherever you go.

• czarina33 says:

Unless they are sick, it isnt any use to test. If exposed, and you get a test the next say or two, even up to a week or so, the test may be negative. The test is not sensitive until symptoms grab hold in your body. So tests are wasted on healthy people, and even on people who have been exposed but have no symptoms. That’s why hospitals start with temperatures, then ask about symptoms before doing the tests. Hospital, restaurant workers, etc. start each shift with temperature checks and the symptom questions.

4. Afternoon All! 🙂
    Here are some Trompe L’oeil I love:

The Veiled Virgin is a Carrera marble statue carved by Giovanni Straza in the 1850s

This is A veiled Vestal Virgin by Raffaelle Monti 1846 – 1847

and this is The Veiled Christ 1753 by Italian sculptor Giuseppe Sanmartino

from : https://www.demilked.com/the-veiled-virgin-giovanni-strazza/

Isn’t it just amazing how these gifted artists turn cold chunks of stone into sculptures that are smooth and flowing, showcasing the sheerness of the veil as well as the beauty of the face and flowers.

Have a great day! 🙂 So good to see you all – have to run, lot to get done today!

• Lucille says:

Good day to you, G&C! Thanks for these lovely photos. I’ve always loved the veiled lady and other veiled sculptures and the absolutely magnificent talents creating them.

“A Veiled Vestal Virgin” by Raffaelle Monti (1818-1881) marble, 1846-1847

“The Veiled Lady from The Sculpture Gallery at Chatsworth House – “A Veiled
      The 6th Duke of Devonshire visited the sculptor’s studio in Milan, Italy, on 12 October 1846 on his way to Naples. He ordered the marble sculpture on 18 October, placing a £60 deposit on the following day. The sculpture was ready to be dispatched to England in April 1847, and the Duke appears to have displayed it in Chiswick House, west of London.

“It first came to Chatsworth in 1999 and was shown in the Sculpture Gallery where it appeared in the 2005 film ‘Pride and Prejudice’, starring Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen.**

“In Ancient Rome, the Vestals were virgin priestesses whose lives were dedicated to the goddess Vesta. They were tasked to look after the sacred fire burning on her altar in the temple of Vesta, and were regarded as fundamental to the safety of Rome. The discovery of a “House of the Vestals” in Pompeii in the 18th century made Vestals a popular subject matter in art over the following 50 years.”

Chatsworth House

**This scene from “Pride and Prejudice” is beautifully done with little or no dialogue.

• Thank you Lucille! I had not seen a full length photo of this beautiful statue. I’ll have to look at the Chatsworth estate website – quite a lot there.
        Your photos were lovely today as usual 😉 Thank you for your time and effort each day to bring joy & beauty to us.

• Menagerie says:

My son and his wife honeymooned in Paris and Rome about five years ago, my son took so many pictures of veiled statues. That was his favorite thing at the museums, which kind of surprised me.

I love them too.

• Hi Menagerie 🙂

Aren’t they just fascinating?

Wow Paris and Rome! Talk about classic art, architecture, and cuisine! I’d have gone up 2 dress sizes. I gained 10 pounds in 10 days in Italy Hahaha

Have a great evening!

• czarina33 says:

Gorgeous!

Photo of the comet Neowise taken in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan by Lake Superior Photo. Comment on FB:

here’s a closeup of the comet showing more detail, taken right as the aurora was becoming visible. Tracked shot at 200mm. Picked up the ion tail – fun!

6. Sharon says:

My dentist and some of his staff are not being silently acquiescent. They have to comply with all the crap to keep the doors open, but they are speaking in plain and normal tones about their perspectives.

The dentist began talking about it as he was filling my mouth with things that would make it impossible to answer, so I just told him (before I couldn’t), “I won’t be able to answer but I agree with what you’re saying.”

He was referencing the different kinds of “covid surges” around the country, and identifying that clearly these were not “the same virus” because of transmission patterns, ages affected, symptoms, etc.

In the midst of it all, resistance may not feel or seem effective, but resistance is inherently significant.

I bought a stupid pak/5 white cotton masks (made by Hanes – – – somehow I think that should lead to any number of mems and one-liners)…..I got the white ones because I’m going to use my little glue gun and glue all sorts of things to the mask. If I have to wear the mask to function, I will use it as a message board of one kind or another.

I don’t intent to set myself up as a target so I’m not sure of what all I might do….we’ll see.

I had guys in my house today cleaning out my basement (flooded on Friday). They had masks on and I had one too, but it was impossible to converse and understand each other (partly because the dog was howling.) My assessment of this mask thing (now required by the state and you get fined without one) is that everybody is half-heartedly complying.

• Sharon says:

Yes. OSHA is on standby in Oregon ready to answer complaints of customers or employees, and begin pushing business owners even more tightly to the walls.

Are some of your major appliances going to have to be replaced again? I’m sorry that happened. It’s a mess.

Our house in MN had that as an issue, when occasionally the sump pump would either quit or be overwhelmed by the volume of water. When we bought the house, we observed that the furnace was set on 4″ wood blocks and asked why. Once we learned why – – – going forward, anything we put in the basement (washer, dryer, freezer) was also set on 4″ wood blocks. We had two years of serious standing water but never lost any appliances. It’s still a mess.

I don’t know yet about appliances. I have a furnace guy scheduled for Wednesday afternoon to see if cleaning and repair is an option. My water heater seems to be working.

I don’t know yet about the washer and dryer, although my dryer made it through 2′ of water six years ago and only needed a minor repair a couple of years later. In either case, I don’t think that the insurance coverage will stretch to all costs. The insurance guy told me today that there could be additional coverage depending on costs after deductible, but I don’t really understand what he said (which I told him.)

Part of the cleanup was done today. They (ServPro) will be back tomorrow. They aren’t cheap.

By the way, my furnace and water heater are elevated on a concrete pad about 12″. Water overtopped it. Elevating the washer and dryer is something I am considering. I would move them upstairs, but there really isn’t room, even for a stackable set.

This water isn’t the usual water incursion – it’s sewer backup because the local sewer system was overcome by storm water.

• jeans2nd says:

Great insight – it may be a different virus.
      There have been other reports of the virus mutating, especially in Kazakhstan.
      Thanks.

• Amazing how we can think of this right away, but the msm can’t.
        Someone I know has friends with children in their 30’s. Both of these women have the virus with one having it bad, and one not that bad. My response was that since they both worked in Washington DC, it may be a different or mutated virus since many people there are flying in and out from other countries.
        The other thing I was thinking is if people are mostly inside with recirculated central air, then go out and bring it back in, I wonder if the central air spreads it faster. Something like Legionnaires disease?

• jeans2nd says:

One of those Democrat politicians – De Blasio iirc – said today to turn off all a/c due to the recirculated air. So we have heat stroke instead.
          smh

• They just do not value life at all!
            A better option would be to put an Ultraviolet light above the drip pan, and whether central or window a/c – get out in the sunshine and fresh air – well not in NYC.

• czarina33 says:

And I read there is now also a swine flu.

I agree.

Update: Supporters of President Trump Set Guinness World Record at South Carolina Boat Rally with Between 2,500 to 3,000 Boats in Attendance
    By Joe Hoft – Published July 13, 2020 at 7:35am