General Discussion, Monday, June 29, 2020

Image | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to General Discussion, Monday, June 29, 2020

Stellars…

Satori…136 feet of teak and mahogany luxury I could get used to….

• czarowniczy says:

Nice, but I do not like ships. Somehow being in a plane 10,000 feet in the air doesn’t bother me but being in a ship 10,000 feet above the ocean floor gives me the creeps.

• Lucille says:

I don’t mind at all flying in a Gulfstream or a Lear and the GA airports are without complications or harassment. I despise everything to do with an LAX or SFO or PDX or SEA and being in a cigar-shaped cabin with people crammed so close you can hear their heartbeats.

Nope, give me a sailing ship or a motor yacht any day over an airliner. Some of my fondest memories of childhood have to do with being on an uncle’s 38 foot boat he kept at Balboa, CA. I have not had one single pleasurable trip in a Douglas or Boeing since 9/11. Horror stories, all of them.

• czarina33 says:

My parents worked for an airline, so I was on planes from before I remember. Never on a boat or train until I was in college! Went on a cruise when I was fifty and hated it. But I would love to take one of the sailing ship trips along Alaska, or the flat ships like Viking in Europe.

• czarowniczy says:

When I was very small we lived around air bases and I saw my share of crashes and their aftermath. To comfort me and allay my fears the crews use to tell me that it’s not a problem, the fuselage impacting and collapsing, would happen so fast, melding passengers, seats and everything else inside into a giant cannoli that we’d never even feel it. People who fly for a living have a strange sense of humor.

Mornin’ kids! Ya never know how crazy is gonna manifest…… too bad this wasn’t the snapping turtle tank.

Mornin’ All. No rain here……..but, lots of mosquitoes. I now have about 4 or 5 bites on my right shoulder. They usually swell up to 2 to 3 inches in diameter, so my whole shoulder on the back will be swollen. Oh, well. It will quit itching eventually.I did put anti-itch stuff on it.

5. Menagerie says:

So the my in the docs office a half hour, only to be told they didn’t know I’m here. By the same two women who watched me sign in. 🙄

I hate going to the doctor.

• JTR says:

Me too! I got a bill for my biopsy today, it said no insurance was filed. I called the number on the bill, they had a recording saying the system was down. After about 5 phone calls, I was told to try tomorrow. I have insurance. Aggravation!

Hope your sunset was lovely…

Good night! God bless!