General Discussion, Monday, May 25, 2020

Image | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to General Discussion, Monday, May 25, 2020

Commandant of the Marine Corps, Gen. David H. Berger, and Sgt. Maj. of the Marine Corps, Sgt. Maj. Troy E. Black, reflect on the Marines and Sailors who have made the ultimate sacrifice for the nation, especially those during World War II.

Also in memory of when placing our flag and visiting the gravesites of our honored dead was not prohibited by our government.

3. lovely says:

Thank you is not a big enough word.

Mornin’ all! Menage – I found ya’s the perfect hiking buddy!!

Mornin’ everybody. Evidently it rained last night. The ground is a little wet. A white sky right now. I am so excited.

The handyman my friend found is coming over this morning to see if he can fix my little recliner. I can’t find a new one that I like, they are all so big and uncomfortable. This one looks horrible and is wiggly and the footrest is broken. If he can fix that, I will make a slipcover to make it look better. I have been trying for several years to find someone who can fix it. I think I found the broken spring that made the footrest work and he should be able to get a new one easy enough. So, cross your fingers.

• lovely says:

good afternoon Aus ! I hope that you get your recliner fixed ๐Ÿ™‚ !

• Lucille says:

Good morning, aus! Overcast here and cold, but not cold-cold.

Best of luck on getting your recliner fixed properly. I know what you mean about finding one you like. When I moved from L.A., I threw out my mother’s old worn recliner. Even though it was comfortable and still worked fine, it wouldn’t look right in my new apartment. Well, of course, I’ve never again found a recliner so restful for my legs. It’s an ongoing search.

• auscitizenmom says:

He did it!!! I am so happy I could do handsprings………..if I could do handsprings. LOL He replaced two springs on the footrest and tightened all the screws. It took him a while to figure it out. But, it is just like new. And, he only charged me $40 to do it. And,…..he said to call him if I needed anything else.

• Lucille says:

Fabulous! I’ll have to locate a good repairman. My metal bed squeaks so bad and is unstable; so I think everything needs to be tightened up. Tried doing some fix-it myself and was laid up for two days barely able to walk after standing so long. Honestly, if it’s not one thing, it’s another! LOL!

I can’t find what led me to this article. I was appalled at what I read, though. Here is a link, and it isn’t behind a firewall. It is about the black amputation rate connected with diabetes and how this doctor is trying to change things so these people are not losing their limbs and what he has run into in the medical and insurance communities..

Oh my.