General Discussion, Thursday, May 21, 2020

COAST GUARD!

An MH-65 “Dolphin” helicopter flies with the U.S. Coast Guard barque Eagle in the Atlantic Ocean on Thursday, July 30, 2015. The barque Eagle is the only active commissioned sailing vessel in American military service. (U.S. Coast Guard photo by Auxiliarist David Lau)

59 Responses to General Discussion, Thursday, May 21, 2020

Stellars…hahahahahahahahaha….

Yes, she’s perfect to be on Joe’s ticket…

CONFIRMED: Governor Whitmer Begs Michiganders Not to Travel to their Summer Home — Then Her Cars Are Seen Parked Outside of HER SUMMER HOME!
    By Jim Hoft – Published May 20, 2020 at 9:58pm

3. czarowniczy says:

Hilite of the evening was removing a foot-long rat snake from the living room. I was assisted by two cats and three dogs…looked like a civil service business meeting except there wasn’t any coffee].

4. lovely says:

Good morning Stellars 🙂 !

Something I have never seen the Sears Tower black. The basement and sub-basements flooded, Chicago lost some of it’s local TV and radio stations because they use the tower to transmit.

This is the only one I have of the inside, sent to me by a friend. (This is a few days ago).

Mornin’ everyone. White, hazy sky here, no rain in sight. Our big pond out back is so low that there is what I call a “beach” around it. Normally the water comes right up to the grass. It is so low that they can’t even run the water fountain in the center. It pulls too much sand up into it when it is this low. We sure could use some of that water drowning Chicago right now. SMH

Last night I watched a new show on Acorn. Dead Still. It is a British show about a photographer back in the 1800’s in England who takes pictures of the dead for their families. There is a little British mystery show in it, along with some humor. I found it very entertaining. It isn’t gruesome. I might be wrong now that I think about it. It may be set in Ireland. Anyway, the accents are hard to understand and there was one sentence I never did figure out because, even though I managed to figure out what the words were, I didn’t know what they meant. And, this ^&(* laptop locked up so I couldn’t look it up.

Mornin’ all!

Good afternoon, WeeWeed!

• Lucille says:

Morning, WeeWeed! I’m assuming you posted more than “Mornin’ all!” However, nothing else shows up on my screen. Dozens of posts at CTH are the same way. I think it may have to do with items posted from Twitter accounts…I haven’t been able to play Twitter vids ever. Now I can’t even see the cover shot of the vid or the captioning.

Whatever WordPress is doing, it doesn’t seem to be an improvement for those of us with old computers…but then what is? LOL! As Stella indicated, we should know what’s up with WP on June 1st.

• czarina33 says:

It’s one panel of a Dilbert strip, with everyone wearing masks, and the pointy haired boss saying “Who mumbled that? I can’t tell with your face masks.” & the caption underneath “mumble ventriloquists”

• WeeWeed says:

Afternoon Lucy! Same with me – and the twit’s gonna die for me on the first, too.

• lovely says:

About 3 years ago the big boss scheduled a meeting during the Cubs/Braves single game to see what team would advance to the playoffs.

One of the managers and I had a bet on the game, everyone wanted to be home watching the game, the manager propped his cell phone up in between us and we put the meeting memorandum and our drinks in front of the back of his phone. That is the only fun meeting I recall 🙂 but face masks ….. hmmmm…

7. litenmaus says:

Morning…..Woke up this morning to the first real rainstorm of the season and I had to turn the furnace on…just a wee bit chilly. A perfectly good day to curl up with a blanket and a good book….:0)

8. czarina33 says:

Photo of a lava skylight in Hawaii. Creepy, since the lava tubes look like bodies: its called a Portal to Hell.

9. Menagerie says:

Afternoon everyone. We talked about salmon recipes a week or two ago. I fixed some Tuesday using my favorite rub. Then I got an email from the guy who sells it. I’ve used their chicken and pork rub too, but my favorite remains the salmon, which BTW, also works pretty good on pork. I think I’m going to treat myself and order a new flavor.

It does have sugar in it, if you are watching that, but as I use only a few spoonfuls over a whole side of the fish, I don’t think I’m adding tons of calories.

10. The Tundra PA says:

Love that photo of the Eagle, Stella! DH sailed multiple cruises on the Eagle as a cadet at the US Coast Guard Academy, and says it was an amazing experience. He graduated with the Class of 1972, back when the Academy still had all male cadets. In his day, the cadets did not wear safety harnesses when going aloft to furl and unfurl sail. Quite harrowing, he says, to be more than 100 feet above the deck as the weather starts getting bad. By the time his son was a cadet, in the Class of 2000, harnesses were being used. DH’s class also did not have a motorized windlass to raise the anchor; heavy spokes were inserted with several men on each spoke, walking in tight circles to raise it. They called it “Norwegian steam”.

Lee Smith: Obamagate Began with Obama’s Iran Deal and His Domestic Spying Campaign on General Flynn Who Promised to Publicize Obama’s Secret Deals with Iran
    By Joe Hoft – Published May 21, 2020 at 10:22am

Excellent recap article plus a link to Smith’s full article…

Journalist and author Lee Smith uncovered the beginnings of Obamagate in an article at Tabletmag.com (for the entire article, go to: https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/russiagate-obama-iran).