General Discussion, Monday, May 18, 2020

National Military Appreciation Month (NMAM) is celebrated every May and is a declaration that encourages U.S. citizens to observe the month in a symbol of unity. NMAM honors the current and former members of the U.S. Armed Forces, including those who have died in the pursuit of freedom.

48 Responses to General Discussion, Monday, May 18, 2020

Miss Stella and Stellars…

2. czarowniczy says:

Hey y’all, Louisiana is…BACK!

Last night, in the city of Bogalusa that’s home to our alternate Walmart and the infamous Maison de Chevron – we had over 150 people (illegally) gathering on MLK Blvd in Bogalusa to commemorate the life of a guy found murdered in a field (some activities don’t slow down). The crowd included adults and children and though they say they had a permit to gather…they didn’t.

Cut to the chase…an unknown person(s) came by and started shooting into the group and 13 persons were hit. So far no one dead but it wasn’t from lack of trying. No suspects have been mentioned but an all star assembly of Federal and state LEA will be helping the Bogalusa police to try and round up a usual suspect(s). Oh yeah, nobody saw nuttin’.

Oh, just peachy!!!

Arlington National Cemetery will stay closed to general public over Memorial Day weekend
    May 15, 2020

Mornin’ kids!

Mornin’ everyone. Another week starting. More news to come, I am sure. Cloudy here and 80*.

Hm. It appears that a little kitty has taken up residence on my patio. I saw him sitting on my trash can when I took out the trash last night. And, he is still here this morning making himself at home on my patio. I can’t imagine that he doesn’t belong to somebody who has moved in here.

Is he wearing a collar?

• auscitizenmom says:

I don’t think so.

• Lucille says:

When I lived in Vancouver there were aways cats roaming around our complex. We could have cats and dogs in our apartments but we could not let them outside without a kennel or a leash. If the apartment rules are the same where you are, then if anyone owns the kitty that person is not obeying the rules.

My recommendations: sit some food out for him. Put up a sign at the mailboxes saying a kitten has been found. If no one responds, then either keep him inside or turn him in to a no-kill shelter.

• auscitizenmom says:

I don’t know what the rules are about cats. Most are indoor, I think. I won’t bring a cat inside. I absolutely won’t have a litter box and I would throw a horrendous fit if it sprayed anything. I imagine it belongs to somebody in here. People don’t follow rules. Our appt. complex is open and spread out. It isn’t like tall buildings and just lots of concrete. Our apts. open onto patios and lakes. I’ll just keep an eye out.

Frank Sinatra “Goodbye”

The song was written by Gordon Jenkins in 1935 and included in the 1958 Capitol album, “Frank Sinatra Sings For Only The Lonely” arranged by Nelson Riddle (one of Frank’s fav arrangers/conductors though Felix Slatkin conducted for this album)…and sung with Frank’s patented nuance.

I’m absolutely crazy about Goodman’s version and listen to it several times each day. It was his sign-off song from 1935 onward.