Good News!! (& happy stories), April 3, 2020

Home crafts.

Sad, but sweet.

Don’t know if it’s true, but can’t hurt.

Pitching in!

Hee hee!

American ingenuity.

How sweet is this?

Good Samaritan.

Good news from my local hospital (where I was treated last September). My area is a hot spot for Covid-19, btw.

I agree completely!

Not that the day of the week means much these days, but nice weather is definitely good news!

Hoorah for Kroger!

Now that’s a dedicated teacher!

This is hilarious! Well, we do have more time on our hands these days.

Silly, but true.

And I’m happy to know that our medical staff believe in the power of prayer. I will never forget when my mother was dying that a nurse hugged me and said she would pray for my family.

“It felt good to do this with some of my amazing co-workers,” Angela Gleaves, a labor and delivery nurse, wrote on Facebook. “We could feel God’s presence in the wind. Know that you are all covered in prayer.”

Charlie’s prayer.

May this day bring you peace and happiness.

This entry was posted in Good news. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Good News!! (& happy stories), April 3, 2020

This was originally posted with the WRONG title! Refresh to see the correct one.

Seen on Facebook (referring to the story about the nurses and doctors praying):

Evelyn Waugh has a line in Brideshead Revisited which captures this sense of enduring faith.

“The chapel showed no ill effects of its long neglect. The paint was as fresh and bright as ever. And the lamp burned once more before the altar. I knelt and said a prayer – an ancient, newly-learned form of words. I thought that the builders did not know the uses to which their work would descend. They made a new house with the stones of the old castle. Year by year the great harvest of timber in the park grew to ripeness, until, in sudden frost, came the Age of Hooper. The place was desolate and the work all brought to nothing. Quomodo sedet sola civitas – vanity of vanities, all is vanity. And yet, I thought, that is not the last word. It is not even an apt word – it is a dead word from ten years back. Something quite remote from anything the builders intended had come out of their work and out of the fierce little human tragedy in which I played. Something none of us thought about at the time. A small red flame, a beaten copper lamp of deplorable design, re-lit before the beaten copper doors of a tabernacle. This flame, which the old knights saw from their tombs, which they saw put out: the flame burns again for *other* soldiers far from home – farther, in heart, than Acre or Jerusalem. It could not have been lit but for the builders and the tragedians. And there I found it that morning, burning anew among the old stones.”

3. czarina33 says:

Thank you, thank you to everyone who contributed to today’s worldwide happy news!

4. czarowniczy says:

Note that one of the replies to Dr Mason’s ‘low carb feeding’ Tweet pointed out how the overwhelming number of Louisiana’s COVID deaths were diabetics of folks with heart problems. They’re starting to find all over that folks with diabetes and heart underlying conditions are dying at unusual rates seem to largely have something in common: they take an ACE inhibitor.

It seems the COVID virus uses the ACE2 enzyme to attack the cells in the lungs and airways and while ACE inhibitors depress the cells secretion of ACE they increase the secretion of ACE2 so the meds that help save the organs of diabetics and cardiac patients may well be setting them up quite nicely for a COVID attack.

They aren’t sure if ACE inhibitors are a risk, although it has been speculated about by some. Ditto ARB blood pressure drugs, like Losartan.

• czarowniczy says:

Ther relationships are enough for me to stop taking mine until the ‘curve flattens’ or someone puts his head on the block and says there definitely is no connection. I’m not saying others should stop taking theirs, but with our special circumstances here, my not heavily needing it and my having other options I’m not going to take the chances.