Stella’s Place Contact Change

There is a new email address for contacting Stella’s Place. It is:

stellasplace@wowway.com

The former email contact method was eliminated by WordPress, forcing me to either sign up for a google gmail account, or set up my own. I chose the latter.

Let me know if you have any questions or problems with this change.

22 Responses to Stella’s Place Contact Change

1. nyetneetot says:

You listed in clear text, prepare your spam filter. 😉

2. czarowniczy says:

Good choice, setting up your own account, Google’s become as intrusive as the KGB. They were called out years ago for scanning accountholder’s emails and storing data gleaned from it along with your browsing history and selling/using it to form profiles of you and target you for ads. And other things.

As I’ve said, I use Chrome as my crappy link to the internet won’t really let us use Windows, not that I really want to. When ordering online I first clear my browsing history, order, then clear my browsing history again – I also have two ad blockers running. I still have ads popping up for not only the place I bought from but like items at related places and ads for things related to emails I’ve received. You’re life isn’t totally your own any more.

• jeans2nd says:

sometimes slow, always safe, many onion sites available, including duck duck go – if your isp will allow…

• czarowniczy says:

I’m too old and ‘experienced’ to believe in altruism, whoever becomes your internet hiway has to have some ulterior motives, usually profit.

I try to work around and I still use snail mail as necessary though there’s even a way to get thru that but it’s a bit expensive for ash and trash stuff. Our lives are pretty well laid bare, it was a process that was begun well before 911 but 911 did provide the lube for the Feds to insert it into our routine. Between what the Feds and private firms gather we’re pretty well splayed and flayed.

• tessa50 says:

I’m just curious, why 2 ad blockers?

What WordPress actually wants me to do is sign up with their “G Suite”, which includes an email account and other things that I don’t think I need, for $72 a year.

Changed………………..hopefully I got it right. LOL

Commendations to you, Stella, for maintaining your Word Press site. My hat’s off to you and anyone who puts in the time to grow a site and keep it interesting.

Thanks, Lucille.

I know you didn’t ask, but I imagine some people are curious whether or not I make any money from this website, and that is why I keep it.

The short answer is that I make a little bit of money – less than $20 a month from ads, and a little bit more if somebody makes a donation via PayPal.

I don’t have enough visits/views most months to make much money. Not like CTH, which makes a nice income from ad revenue.

I’m not begging for money – just throwing the info out there for those who wanted to know.

Since June of 2017, I have earned less than $900 from ads. My best month was August, 2017, when I earned almost $300 from posts I did about the solar eclipse.

• czarowniczy says:

Sorry I block the ads but with Chrome my screen, after a few days of running without cleaning my system, is 80% ads and 20% content. With our cells as hotspots those animated ads kill us, we can make dinner waiting for the page to load.

I use an ad blocker myself. No reason to say sorry.

• czarowniczy says:

No sweat, as I said I have to disable them here or (not always, strange) I can’t get to comments. I have to use them on CTH as if I don’t CTH becomes all ads but I can disable them and come here to get the CTH comments. Learning to navigate the digital world.

• tessa50 says:

If you don’t mind my asking, who earns the money at CTH? Feel free to tell me it’s none of my business.

You can ask, of course. All I can tell you, for sure, is that the admins are volunteers and earn nothing from CTH.

ADD: Technically, I only know that I am a volunteer and earn nothing from CTH. I assume that is true for the other Admins.

5. bjosz says:

I hate using g mail, but I definitely did not want to stay with yahoo! I got rid of AT&T quit a while ago. I switched to Spectrum , then “cut the cable” got rid of the TV to save money. I tried, without success to set up 2 sub accounts. I have 3 computers. This computer would not be so time consuming to change e-mail as I don’t have a lot of sites bookmarked. My other on has a BIG bunch to change that I use often. I about had a nervous breakdown changing from AT&T. So I just used g mail. Decisions, decisions! 🙂

• czarowniczy says:

I have two Yahoo accounts, two gmail accounts and two Hotmail accounts though I primarily use a Hotmail account I’ve had since they started in ’96…that’s the one with ~17,000 unopened mails.

In the beginning the basic email accounts were great, they served the purpose they were designed for but now they’ve added so many bells and whistles they’re a pain to deal with – and they won’t let you keep the old one, you have to ‘upgrade’ and each new iteration is a bigger pain.

I’ve started using gmail more as Yahoo and Hotmail are very sluggish on Chrome and were it not the need to use them for online purchasing I’d cashier the whole lot.