General Discussion, Sunday, March 17, 2019

Saint Patrick was a fifth-century Christian missionary and bishop in Ireland. Known as the “Apostle of Ireland”, he is their primary patron saint. He is venerated not only in the Catholic Church, but also by the Anglicans, the Lutherans, the Old Catholic Church, and in the Eastern Orthodox Church.

Saint Patrick’s Day is observed each year on March 17, believed to be the date of his death. It is celebrated both in Ireland and other places throughout the world as a religious and cultural holiday. It is also a celebration of Ireland itself.

43 Responses to General Discussion, Sunday, March 17, 2019

1. nyetneetot says:

Mornin’ stella! (Smiter of those that ought to be smote) 😎 🍸 (Long Island Iced Tea)
    Mornin’ WeeWeed! (Master Mixologist Extrodinare) 😎 🍸 (Old Fashioned)
    Mornin’ Menagerie! 😎 |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| (Jack Daniels – Single Barrel )
    Mornin’ Ad rem! (Queen Felis catus) 🐱 🍸 (Flaming Lamborghini)
    Mornin’ Sharon! 😎 🍸 🍸 (earthquake)
    Mornin’ ytz4mee! 😎 🍸 (cosmopolitan)
    Mornin’ waltzingmtilda! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (white wine and perrier)
    Mornin’ partyzantski! πŸ™‚ |_| (Tom Collins)
    Mornin’ texan59! πŸ™‚ |_| (Black & Tan)
    Mornin’ ZurichMike! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (fuzzy navel)
    Mornin’ Col.(R) Ken! (hand salute) πŸ™‚ |_| (Boilermaker)
    Mornin’ czarina33! (aka czarina) πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Lynchburg Lemonade)
    Mornin’ czarowniczy! πŸ™‚ |_| (Wild Turkey Rare Breed)
    Mornin’ letjusticeprevail2014! πŸ™‚ |_| (Irish Car Bomb)
    Mornin’ Patriot1783-ctdar! (aka “ctdar”) πŸ™‚ 🍸 (grasshopper)
    Mornin’ tessa50! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (flaming volcano)
    Mornin’ waltzingmtilda! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (sidecar)
    Mornin’ varsityward! πŸ™‚ |_| (Godfather)
    Mornin’ MaryfromMarin! πŸ˜€ |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| (Mortlach)
    Mornin’ Wooly Covfefe! (aka “Wooly Phlox” aka “taqiyyologist”) πŸ™‚ |_| (Roy Rogers)
    Mornin’ Howie! (aka “doodahdaze”) πŸ™‚ |_| (Classic Daiquiri)
    Mornin’ TwoLaine! πŸ™‚ |_| (Gin & Tonic)
    Mornin’ Sha! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Lemon Drop)
    Mornin’ BigMamaTEA! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Harvey Wallbanger)
    Mornin’ cetera5! (aka “Cetera”) πŸ™‚ |_| (Blackberry wine)
    Mornin’ The Tundra PA! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Gentleman Jack Whiskey Sling)
    Mornin’ lovely! πŸ™‚ |_| (Backdraft)
    Mornin’ michellc! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Salty dog)
    Mornin’ auscitizenmom! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Kiss on the Lips)
    Mornin’ Margaret-Ann! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (White Russian)
    Mornin’ Auntie Lib! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Tom and Jerry)
    Mornin’ holly100! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Jack & Coke)
    Mornin’ Pam! πŸ™‚ (Not even water)
    Mornin’ Ms.Tee! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Mojito)
    Mornin’ koolkosherkitchen! πŸ™‚ 🍸 🍸 (Cuba Libre)
    Mornin’ ImpeachEmAll πŸ™‚ |_| (Flaming Dr. Pepper)
    Mornin’ Monroe! πŸ™‚ |_| (Stinger)
    Mornin’ Les! πŸ™‚ |_| (Rusty Nail)
    Mornin’ shiloh1973! πŸ™‚ |_| (Jack Daniels)
    Mornin’ TexasRanger! πŸ™‚ |_| (Whiskey Smash)
    Mornin’ Ziiggii! πŸ™‚ |_| (B52)
    Mornin’ oldiadguy! πŸ™‚ |_| (Rum & Coke)
    Mornin’ smiley! (“stuck in spambucket”) πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Spanish coffee)
    Mornin’ derk! (β€œStellars”) πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Kamikaze)
    Mornin’ Jacqueline Taylor Robson πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Shirley Temple)
    Mornin’ facebkwallflower! πŸ™‚ |_| (Night Train Express)
    Mornin’ Ms. Cindy! (aka “Ms Cynlynn” aka “ms cynlynn”) πŸ™‚ 🍸 (1970 ducru beaucaillou)
    Mornin’ sandandsea2015! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (1961 ChΓ’teau Montrose)
    Mornin’ amwick! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Blue motorcycle)
    Mornin’ hocuspocus13! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (1970 Chateau Latour)
    Mornin’ Sloth1963! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (1971 Moulin Touchais)
    Mornin’ MTeresa! (Ex-lurker) πŸ™‚ |_| (Albanian Raki Moskat)
    Mornin’ rheavolans! (aka “Rhea Salacia Volans”) πŸ™‚ |_| (Hot Buttered Rum)
    Mornin’ joshua! πŸ™‚ |_| (Mudslide)
    Mornin’ John Denney! πŸ™‚ |_| (RumChata)
    Mornin’ litenmaus! πŸ™‚ |_| (Stolichnaya elit, no ice)
    Mornin’ kinthenorthwest! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (A Lonely Island Lost in the Middle of a Foggy Sea)
    Mornin’ TwoLaine! πŸ™‚ |_| (Smoking Bishop)
    Mornin’ patternpuzzler! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Old Lady)
    Mornin’ SenatssekretΓ€r FREISTAAT DANZIG! πŸ™‚ |_| (Red Russian)
    Mornin’ G-d&Country! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Blind Russian)
    Mornin’ Gary! πŸ™‚ |_| (Yuengling)
    Mornin’ valeriecurren! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Flaming Sambuca)
    Mornin’ Lucille! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Peach Schnapps)
    Mornin’ Lburg! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Lburg lemonade)
    Mornin’ davidhuntpe! πŸ™‚ |_| (Baileys Irish Cream on the rocks)
    Mornin’ skipper1961! πŸ™‚ |_| (Brompton’s Cocktail – No cherry, no umbrella, no plastic monkey)
    Mornin’ mightyconservative! πŸ™‚ |_| (Benjamin Franklin’s clarified milk punch)
    Mornin’ NC Nana! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Beautiful)
    Mornin’ whiners and complainers! πŸ˜› (No drink for you!)
    Mornin’ to people posting that I missed. 😳
    Mornin’ to all you lurkers! πŸ˜•

Also just in case someday; mornin’ to Elvis Chupacabra, F.D.R. in Hell and sundance! :mrgreen:

Breakfast!

NEW and IMPROVED breakfast with extra bacon for ZurichMike!

Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Tarts

Mornin’ kids!

3. lovely says:

The Guinea turaco

Happy St. Patrick’s Day !

4. Liked by 1 person

5. czarowniczy says:

An interesting thing I brought over from next door: https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/new-zealand-has-gone-full-police-state-they-are-threatening-up-to-ten-years-in-prison-for-even-having-the-video-saved-on-your-computer/

Definition of ‘objectionable materials’ in NZ here: https://www.dia.govt.nz/Censorship-Objectionable-and-Restricted-Material

Wow! A a $NZ fine of up to $200,000 ($US 137,000) and 10 years (6,85 US years) in prison for having a copy of the shooting on your computer. Just imagine the fine parsing of that law here were Rats/progs to get the limited bans on published materials we have here consolidated and expanded under their own ‘objectionable materials’ law.

6. ZurichMike says:

I love this prayer — best said aloud, standing up. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

The Breastplate of Saint Patrick

I arise today
    Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
    Through belief in the Threeness,
    Through confession of the Oneness
    of the Creator of creation.

I arise today
    Through the strength of Christ’s birth with His baptism,
    Through the strength of His crucifixion with His burial,
    Through the strength of His resurrection with His ascension,
    Through the strength of His descent for the judgment of doom.

I arise today
    Through the strength of the love of cherubim,
    In the obedience of angels,
    In the service of archangels,
    In the hope of resurrection to meet with reward,
    In the prayers of patriarchs,
    In the predictions of prophets,
    In the preaching of apostles,
    In the faith of confessors,
    In the innocence of holy virgins,
    In the deeds of righteous men.
    I arise today, through
    The strength of heaven,
    The light of the sun,
    The radiance of the moon,
    The splendor of fire,
    The speed of lightning,
    The swiftness of wind,
    The depth of the sea,
    The stability of the earth,
    The firmness of rock.

I arise today, through
    God’s strength to pilot me,
    God’s might to uphold me,
    God’s wisdom to guide me,
    God’s eye to look before me,
    God’s ear to hear me,
    God’s word to speak for me,
    God’s hand to guard me,
    God’s shield to protect me,
    God’s host to save me
    From snares of devils,
    From temptation of vices,
    From everyone who shall wish me ill,
    afar and near.

I summon today
    All these powers between me and those evils,
    Against every cruel and merciless power
    that may oppose my body and soul,
    Against incantations of false prophets,
    Against black laws of pagandom,
    Against false laws of heretics,
    Against craft of idolatry,
    Against spells of witches and smiths and wizards,
    Against every knowledge that corrupts man’s body and soul;

Christ to shield me today
    Against poison, against burning,
    Against drowning, against wounding,
    So that there may come to me an abundance of reward.
    Christ with me,
    Christ before me,
    Christ behind me,
    Christ in me,
    Christ beneath me,
    Christ above me,
    Christ on my right,
    Christ on my left,
    Christ when I lie down,
    Christ when I sit down,
    Christ when I arise,
    Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
    Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
    Christ in every eye that sees me,
    Christ in every ear that hears me.

I arise today
    Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
    Through belief in the Threeness,
    Through confession of the Oneness
    of the Creator of creation.

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Col. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

9. michellc says:

I absolutely hate politics. I have not made it a secret I’m all for abolishing abortion in Oklahoma, but not because of a single person or group. Yet apparently one of the leaders of the movement was arrested back in August for DUI, I just recently became aware he was a leader of the movement, because those who oppose abolishing abortion dug it up and attack him all over the internet.
    Now everyone who supports it is a cult member who is defending their messiah for getting a DUI. So because of all the attacks, I discovered who the guy is and saw a video where he apologized and admitted he sinned and said he was stupid and wrong for what he did. He also said he was having a hard time and started drinking a lot to help him sleep and believes this was a wake up call from his Savior and gives Him all the praise for doing so and for forgiving him.

I don’t defend him, but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see it’s not about him, it’s about killing the movement and dirtying the message. I would also bet as a few of these people who are leading the attacks have close ties with certain Senators and Representatives who are blocking a vote on the bill are behind it because the group was making their political life uncomfortable with billboards and door hangers.
    They had tried to attack another leader of the group through his child and it ended up backfiring.

• michellc says:

During the Presidential election I lost a lot of respect for people I once respected and I also learned a lot of people I thought were good people were not as good as I thought they were.

Now I’m discovering others who are not who I thought they were. I told my husband that I think if I don’t stop paying attention to politics, I’m going to have very few people left in my state I have respect for or like.
      I also think I’m a lot poorer judge of character than I thought I was.

It also makes me wonder if social media just brings out the worst in people? I have never in my life had people call me names to my face as I’ve been called on FB or have seen others called on FB and the majority profess to be Christians and attend Church regularly.