John McCain, dead at 81.

FOX NEWS

McCain was diagnosed with brain cancer in July 2017. Doctors discovered the tumor during a medical procedure to remove a blood clot from above his left eye. He remained upbeat after the diagnosis, flying back to Washington days after surgery with a large scar visible above his eye to partake in the Senate’s health care debate.

On Friday, his family issued a statement saying,“Last summer, Senator John McCain shared with Americans the news our family already knew: he had been diagnosed with an aggressive glioblastoma, and the prognosis was serious. In the year since, John has surpassed expectations for his survival. But the progress of disease and the inexorable advance of age render their verdict.”

They added, “With his usual strength of will, he has now chosen to discontinue medical treatment.”

McCain was born in 1936 in the Panama Canal Zone, where his father was stationed in the Navy. After graduating from the Naval Academy in 1958, McCain went to Vietnam.

In 1967, his A4 Skyhawk was hit by a surface-to-air missile over Hanoi. McCain was captured by the North Vietnamese, who tortured and beat him for more than five years. He was in solitary confinement for several of those years.

In 1982, McCain was elected to the House of Representatives. Only a few years later, in 1986, he won the race to replace Arizona’s conservative Sen. Barry Goldwater.

He was implicated in what became known as the Keating Five Scandal in 1989, accused with several other lawmakers of helping the owner of the Lincoln Savings and Loan, who had donated to his campaign.

McCain is survived by his mother, Roberta (age 106), his wife Cindy, seven children and five grandchildren.

His first wife, Carol Shepp McCain, who he left to marry Cindy, is still living. She was married to John McCain from 1965 until 1980. His cheating was the primary cause for the disintegration of their marriage.

John McCain would later say:  “My marriage’s collapse was attributable to my own selfishness and immaturity more than it was to Vietnam, and I cannot escape blame by pointing a finger at the war. The blame was entirely mine.”

Carol McCain later said:  “The breakup of our marriage was not caused by my accident or Vietnam or any of those things. I don’t know that it might not have happened if John had never been gone. I attribute it more to John turning 40 and wanting to be 25 again than I do to anything else.”

This entry was posted in Government, News, Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to John McCain, dead at 81.

I think I will refrain from any remarks.

• shiloh1973 says:

I am having a hard time controlling my words at this time. I served during Viet Nam and will try my best to uphold my Christian values at this time. I slipped a couple of times on Twitter. I will hold my tongue the next week or s, as we are bombarded by the accolades of this man.

Probably wise.

I added the parts about his mother (Fox left her out as a survivor of her son’s death) and his first wife.

Someone next door pointed out that Ted Kennedy died of the same disease on the same day in 2009 – August 25.

• Gil says:

My grandmother had metastatic lung to brain. I hospiced her. When I could tell it was that close. I gave her permission to go bc I was going to be ok. She had clarity for a minute, nodding ok. I told her I loved her, and she was gone within 2 hours. I miss her very much.
      I wont say anything else on no name for now.

• shiloh1973 says:

Did the same thing with my Dad. Told him it was ok to go now. I would take care of Mom and it was time for him to go home.

I did that with my mother. I held her in my arms when she took her last breath. She was also in hospice care in my home.

• Menagerie says:

When I was a kid I used to read Reader’s Digest. Once the book section, always a long excerpt from a book, was about a woman who had a very premature birth, and how hard and long her daughter fought for life.

This tiny baby fought so hard, was making progress, and you just knew she was going to live. And then she got necrotizing colitis, which my great nephew barely survived a few months ago.

Her father had never allowed himself to love her or get close to her because he believed she would die, but her mother was there every moment, and passionately believed that her daughter would live.

With the NEC she had no chance back then, but she would not let go and she was suffering. Finally one of the nurses who had gotten close to the mother told her that she was going to have to talk to this tiny child and tell her that she (the mother) was going to be okay, and that it was alright for her to leave her mother. The nurse told her that she, and all the other nurses who cared for the babies, had seen over and over how they wouldn’t give in until they got reassurance from the parents who loved them.

The mother could not bring herself to do it after she finally believed what the nurse was saying, not at first. Of course finally her love took over and she told her baby goodbye and gave her that reassurance. She died very shortly after that, after living long past when doctors had said she would die.

I have never forgotten that story, and the courage and love and loss. It’s one of the reasons I came to be pro life.

• Seen to me as we kmow him ..he would not voluntary give stop treatment

3. lovely says:

I put on Fox News for the briefest of moments only to hear Greg Gutfeild saying that McCain was a maverick and glowingly refer to a time when an audience member at one of McCain’s rallies verbally attacked Obama for being anti-American, but the maverick, the gentleman John McCain did not take the bait, instead he gently chastised the Obama attacker and said that Obama was a good Christian man who loved America and loved his family.

I was at that rally. I stood in line with that man, talked with that man, and that man was spitting mad when McCain spit in his eye and defended Obama.

So I will not criticize the dead at this moment I will criticize the living, it is because of peanut nuggeted morons like Greg that our country was on the trajectory that it was on, hell in a hand basket and whistling while we burn.

Obama does not love America or Americans, he does not respect our Constitution and one would be hard pressed to find one who seethes with as much hatred under their breath for Christianity as does Obama.

So no Greg, it is not gentlemanly to lie and endanger our very freedoms by pretending a demon is not a demon.

But hot dog! Greg is selling books and has a lucrative Fox contract so, meh, what’s more murdered innocents and more crime and more racial division and more comfort and money to radical Muslims and more decimation of our military, lets just call someone who blesses that a good gentlemanly American.

Spit.

May McCain’s family find comfort in the goodness that he showed to them.

Yes I should go to bed. Good night folks.

4. hocuspocus13 says:

…may God forgive Him

“You should never say bad things about the dead, only good… Joan Crawford is dead. Good.” ~ Bette Davis