Titles mean something – when they are earned

I was just listening to a video of Tucker Carlson and Mark Steyn, in which they were joking about Michelle Obama referring to herself as “your forever first lady”.

Mark said he though a better title would be “Mrs. Obama”, and that there is a word for a “forever first lady”, and that is “Queen”.

He further said that he doesn’t think it’s right to continue to call someone “Senator” or “Governor” when they are no longer performing the duties of those offices, because in a Republic titles are earned by a vote of the people. They aren’t royal titles, like Earl or Duke.

Here’s the video:

This entry was posted in Government, News, Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Titles mean something – when they are earned

I thought Michelle saying that seemed arrogant.

2. hocuspocus13 says:

Poor thing…

It’s truly sad when you have to give yourself compliments!

👸

3. czarina33 says:

Millions of people voted for President Trump despite the expert guidance of 275 newspapers & most of the MSM talking heads.

4. John Denney says:

“It was only 8 years but it seemed like forever.” – The Klown

5. Ann says:

I think she declared herself to be a queen. And the queens in the Village cheered!

6. michellc says:

My thought was that she was telling “her people” she would be the only first lady they’d ever have.

7. czarowniczy says:

Right, like Ilse Koch is my forever interior decorator.

8. TwoLaine says:

“Along that same train of thought, I have been making it a point to ALWAYS refer to President Trump as “President Trump” in blog posts, comments, etc. I never say “Trump” or “ptrump”. The reason I do this is that there are too many people out there who would refuse him the title that he has earned, and I want to make sure that they are exposed to it as often as possible. I am just doing my part to remind them that President Trump became President because millions of people voted for him.”

Same here. From Inauguration Day on. I want to remind those that are resisting and playing the I don’t want to normalize him crap, that he IS OUR PRESIDENT, and by a LANDSLIDE! ILLary and The DIMs Got Schlonged 304 to 227! And that was just the Presidential Election.

Deal With It!

She is delusional, BUT….. She may be the one person who comes out of the last WH that doesn’t get stung. Everyone else has dirty hands.

9. John Denney says:

I always refer to him as, “the President”.

In a similar vein, I always try to write out dates the same way the U.S. Constitution was dated, e.g.,

4 May, the year of our Lord 2018

or if it’s a tiny space,

4 May, A.D. 2018