ABC NEWS

Melania Trump might have been a fashion model at one time in her life, but she had no qualms ripping off a chunk of messy play dough and getting her hands dirty, just like the three preschoolers seated at the table with her Friday at a military base in Alaska.

Trump expertly rubbed the material between her two hands into a perfect sphere and then rolled the red small ball on the table to the girl seated across from her.

The nation’s first lady then moved to the table to her right and made a harmonica out of ordinary household materials, held together with a rubber band.

It’s not the heady stuff of the official visit with her husband to Asia but hundreds packed the Arctic Oasis Community Center to get a glimpse of the first lady as she toured programs for children and youth at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson.  VIDEO BELOW THE FOLD.

This entry was posted in Government, Military, News. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Melania Trump visits families at military school, joint base Elmendorf-Richardson in Alaska, 11/11/17

1. czarowniczy says:

Should be about 10 or 12 degrees there ’bout now, a balmy Ft Richardson fall. At least the skeeters and biting flies are asleep, she can skip the eau de DEET.

• The Tundra PA says:

Yep. I’m about 60 miles south of there as the crow flies (but 175 miles if he has to walk), and we’ve had a few mornings in the single digits. But today the sun is shining, the sky is blue and it is only in the high 20s. We have about 4″ of snow that fell days ago, so the landscape is mostly white but the roads are clear.

Thanks so much for this post, Stella! I am so proud, just to have had FLOTUS in our state. And hope so much that one day POTUS will come here too, and that DH and I will get to see him. I have never in my 65 years experienced such love for a President.

• czarowniczy says:

I would say “take care and stay warm” bur ‘warm’ is mooooonths away. Stay not too cold.

• The Tundra PA says:

Thanks, czar. It’s warm and toasty here in our snug little house with the wood stove crackling. And since I work at home, I don’t have to brave the elements any time I don’t want to. (and even better, I’m gonna retire on December 31st!)

• czarowniczy says:

Good luck on retirement, I found that retirement is so much more busyer and hectic that I wish I was back at work. Then again I worked for the government soooooooo….
            I got the back windows open and the ceiling fan on, suddenly that 60-degrees breeze don’ seem so cool no mo’.

• Col(R)Ken says:

Hey Tundra, Congratulations on your Retirement!!!!!!! Stay Busy……… and Enjoy!!!!!!

• The Tundra PA says:

Thanks, Colonel! I’m planning to do both. Lots of travel in my future; DH and I just bought a lovely RV and we’re gonna tour the US for a few months. Maybe we’ll stop by Pennsylvania and visit ya!

2. G-d&Country says:

“she can skip the eau de DEET” 😉
    On yesterday’s thread Tundra had 2 links to Alaska news sites that showed pics. You should look at the face on one little girl in a blue shirt with a big blob of pink goop in her hand while talking to FLOTUS. FLOTUS was smiling and calm – even with her cream colored pants within dripping distance of goop! Another pic shows Flotus with pink goop in her hand. What a wonderful woman that loves kids!
    (Don’t remember seeing Hillary this close to children, and Michelle just lectured everyone.)

• G-d&Country says:

The little girl shows up on the video at about the 2:00 mark. 🙂 The still PIC has a close-up of the hand full of goop it looks like she is trying to give to FLOTUS.
      It’s sort of funny to see the Secret Service guys scanning around tiny kids who are oblivious. (Necessary of course, but funny.)