Mowing the lawn at the White House

Last month Sarah Huckabee Sanders read aloud this letter from a then-10-year-old named Frank offering to cut the White House lawn for free even though he usually charges $8.

Earlier this week, Sarah Sanders said that Frank would be coming to the White House, and this morning, Frank cut the grass in the Rose Garden:

Afterwards, Frank visited in the Oval Office with the President. He told President Trump that he wants to be a Navy Seal when he grows up.

This entry was posted in Family, The Culture, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Mowing the lawn at the White House

OMG He was so determined to do a good job, he didn’t even want to stop for the President. πŸ™‚ And, so neat that Pres. Trump came out to see him.

Thank you, Stella, for posting this. I had heard about the letter and was hoping to find out what happened. πŸ™‚

3. hocuspocus13 says:

…and he used a push mower 🌞

What a fine and determined young man. He’ll be a beautiful adult. God bless him and his family.

5. TwoLaine says:

I cried before I even watched it. But I also cried when I read Sundance is being reunited with his family, they’ve got electricity, some cell service, and fuel is beginning to catch up with demand. Must be something in my eyes.

• Lburg says:

Nah. Unless you’ve shipped ‘something’ to Virginia~ I cried, too! It’s easy to cry when I see greatness. SD is a true hero and so is President Trump for giving this young man the opportunity to succeed. Frank is the young embodiment of everything good about our country and was rewarded for it.

All ‘somethings’ worthy of joyful tears!

• TwoLaine says:

It reminds me of one of my church friends when I was in my early teens. She wrote a letter to the King of Jordan. Lo and behold they became pen pals, and soon she and her family were invited for a visit to the Royal Palace by the King and his family. Talk about special.

That was back in the days when there when no cell phones. They had to take pix the old fashioned way and send them off to be processed. Oh My! πŸ˜‰

Lesson: You can’t get a yes or a no unless you at least ask the question.

• Lburg says:

One of the greatest joys having DJT as President is that he truly rejoices in in the raw opportunity to reward greatness.

And by greatness, I don’t necessarily mean curing diabetes or cancer, I mean the potential of anyone/everyone to reach for the stars and actually touch them.

That’s what makes me cry.

Your friend’s story reminds me of this:

“In order to succeed you must first be willing to fail”.

• TwoLaine says:

I cried just looking at the photo’s, then the video was even sweeter. So pure and joyful. I bet they had a great time in the oval office.

This young man is a much better example to be spending time at the People’s House than BLM, and so many of the others who disgustingly frequented the place before our President took over.

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
            ~Unknown

Reach for the stars.

• Wooly Covfefe says:

Just spoke with my Dad about this kid. He said it reminded him of Horatio Alger books.

• Lburg says:

Glad to see you, Wooly!

• You, too, Lynch.

Still loving your culinary and breakfast quotes, every day. Don’t know how you do it, but, like in cinema, if I still watched movies, I don’t want to know.

WordPress, and my drunk butt, just made it harder for me to comment. I didn’t mean to post my WP password as my username a few nights ago, but I did it anyway. I immediately saw what I did and went to my WP account and changed my password. Because even when I’m drunk, I’m kinda smart.

Now I have to enter my email and password for each and every comment. And to hit the “like” button, I have to do it again (literally log in again), in another window, and then have WP text my actual cellphone with a code that I have to then type in my browser, after which I have to reload Stella’s Place. And then I can “like” a comment. And scroll up and like all the ones that I liked.

That kinda crap drives a man to drink. πŸ˜‰

6. joshua says:

This shows Donald Trump to be A TRUE MAN AND FATHER. The never Trumpers and GOP congresscritters can just Go to Blazes….not a one of them has the character that defines OUR PRESIDENT TRUMP……I think Congress should all have to go build the damn wall personally.

7. Sharon says:

So much came together for that – each person bringing their own gifts to the table, including his parents who did not say, “Oh, honey, that’s a nice idea but you really can’t send that letter to the President….it just wouldn’t work like you think it would.”

Parents. Frank. Mr. President.

They set a wonderful table.

8. So amazing…

I could be wrong, but I don’t recall anything like this happening during the previous admin.

Say what you will about Trump’s “arrogant” persona, but he is a humble dude, by all accounts.

The “arrogance” is show business, and part of the art of the deal. Any regular folks who meet him see that he is full of humility, and humanity. Can any regular folks say that about Hillary or Bill or Barack? Not without lying, they can’t. Joshua is right — this guy is full of good character, and most regular folks see that. So what, he’s rich? We saw beyond that. The former are also rich, but not of good character. Their riches are why someone coined the term “filthy rich”. Their riches are tainted, and dirty. Trump has more wealth than them, but you cannot rightly call him “filthy rich”.

I wish I could scrub the floor drains in the White House kitchen. I might need to write a letter.

Dear Mr. President, I know I’m only 46 years old… but…