Good News!!

Atlanta Fed estimates U.S. third-quarter GDP growing at 4.0 percent

NEW YORK (Reuters) – The U.S. economy is on track to expand at a 4.0 percent annualized pace in the third quarter with inventory investment contributing 1.12 percentage points to growth, the Atlanta Federal Reserve’s GDP Now forecast model showed on Thursday.

Last Friday, the government said its first reading on the gross domestic product in the second quarter was a 2.6 percent growth pace, which was 0.2 point below Atlanta Fed’s final estimate.

Steve Bannon Speaks After White House Departure:

‘I’m Going to War for Trump’

BREITBART

Recently departed White House strategist Steve Bannon is preparing a war for Donald Trump, not against him.

“If there’s any confusion out there, let me clear it up: I’m leaving the White House and going to war for Trump against his opponents — on Capitol Hill, in the media, and in corporate America,” Bannon told Bloomberg Businessweek’s Joshua Green.

Green said that Bannon “sounded like he’d just consumed 40 Red Bulls” during his conversation with him on the phone.

Bannon did not specifically mention the White House “Democrats” advising Trump in his conversation with Green, widely considered to be his enemies during his period of service.

ASSANGE MEETS WITH ROHRBACHER, SAYS ‘IT WASN’T RUSSIA’

Interesting detail. Intelligence source says to Rohrbacher that Russia wasn’t the only source of hacking.

TRUMP VOTERS ‘SEE RIGHT THRU MEDIA’S RACIST LIES’

ASSOCIATED PRESS

President Trump’s ardent backers support him more than ever

MIDWAY CITY, Calif. (AP)

Once homeless, Iraq War veteran moves into unique new home

Vernon Poling was 44 years old when he finally got a home of his own.

The Iraq War veteran was medically discharged from the Army in 2014, had to quit his trucking job for medical reasons, and found himself living out of his pickup last year in Orange County, a sprawling area of Southern California known for beaches, Disneyland and high housing costs.

Poling was homeless for seven months before he found temporary housing in the area. He then learned about Potter’s Lane, an apartment complex made from recycled shipping containers, just for homeless veterans. It’s believed to be the first of its kind in the U.S.

On a sunny Friday in April, Poling walked into his 480-square-foot (45-square-meter) apartment for the first time, set down his backpack on his new floor and took it all in.

“I have never had a place of my own,” Poling said. “I got out of high school, I tried working. I was still living with the parents. I joined the Army at 23, active duty. Then I was staying with Uncle Sam in the barracks … To finally have my own place, it feels really good.”

Poling was the last of 15 homeless veterans to move into Potter’s Lane, a $6.7 million project paid for with federal, state and local dollars, donations and money from the nonprofit behind the project, American Family Housing, among other sources.

(Video at link)

Just a few items this morning. Share your good news too!

10 Responses to Good News!!

Thanks. I needed that. 🙂

2. Menagerie says:

Wooly is playing for people and making them smile. He makes me happy with his pictures. I love the friendly, informative and downright fun environment here at Stella’s.

It’s a beautiful sun shiny day here.

Just found out that although a family member has a serious illness that is chronic, they don’t have cancer.

Journalists are finally having to deal with the fact that the truth cannot be eliminated. You can stomp on it, cover it up, twist it, , abuse it, but you can’t change it. And the American people are waking up to that truth, more of them.

I believe, just based on internet articles and commentary that I can find, more Europeans are waking to the immigrant FUBAR. Since we know journalists and pollsters don’t want to legitimately address this, I speculate that we are not seeing the depth of the push back from European citizens. But Brexit was something they couldn’t hide, just try to deny the real reasons.

President Trump remains committed, he remains resolute, he charges on. Perhaps he will inspire and empower new leaders as well. Perhaps there will be those who look at his refusal to follow the script and say “I can do that.”

My husband and I are blessed so far with good health, not yet really suffering from age related illnesses, even though we sure haven’t done our best at a healthy lifestyle.

Good friends. Big family. Best country in the whole world to live in.

Most important of all, I am increasingly grateful for the priests who serve. Because they said yes to God’s call, I have, any time I want, access to the Sacraments. I can go to Adoration 24 hours a day. I can rest easy knowing that the Sacrament of Reconciliation is available to me regularly, and I am able to hear mass daily if I choose. I can contribute to charities supporting priests and nuns and brothers who legitimately take the Gospel and the Real Presence to the ends of the Earth.

3. Menagerie says:

I especially loved the last story about Vernon Poling. I am glad you found that one Stella.

• czarowniczy says:

Now lets hear some stories about Habitst for Humanity building andvrepairing homes for veterans…..crickets chirping. Habitat in many areas has programs to build and repair homes for vets and specisl hones for disabled vets but the MSM just ain’t picking it up. Pkenty of stories about their builds for Special People but zip on their work with vets.

• Lucille says:

Yes, Menagerie, that story was lovely. My heart goes out to all vets who are having a hard time for whatever reason. Reading what it means to him having an actual bed to sleep in was very touching.

4. lovely says:

Thanks Stella, I really really like these posts.

Things I am happy about;

You can count me amongst President Trump’s “ardent” supporters.

My friend’s 5th child is due in December and everything looks good 🙂 . This will make 5 little people undertake age of 7 under the same roof.

Police seem to be doing their job in Boston.

I am part of this community.

My mom called me about an hour ago.

I have Sunflowers on my table.

Student Saves Man’s Life Minutes Before Interviewing to be Paramedic

6. czarowniczy says:

And “Yeahhhhhhh” say da DemocRATS, “mo’ woikin’ peoples to tax to feeds ourah growin’ ranks o’ parasitic votin” memberz!”

Police officer who survived point-black shooting speaks out
    Fox News