The Skirmisher

Definition of Skirmish: An episode of irregular or unpremeditated fighting, especially between small or outlying parts of armies or fleets.

Skirmisher: One who engages in a skirmish. One who isn’t afraid of a fight.

Definition of Scaramuccia: SKIRMISH

Anthony Scaramucci, managing partner of SkyBridge Capital, photographed in his Manhattan office with some of his collection of Superman memorabilia

Scaramucci: Is he Donald Trump’s secret weapon?

The Mooch’s first strike is at the leakers in the White House. The staffers who are responsible are panicking, and the first one is now looking for another job. Will more follow? Maybe. The Mooch has said he will fire everybody except himself and Sarah in order to stop the leaks, if necessary.

Regardless of what some insiders think, Scaramucci’s appointment is viewed mostly in a positive light by some in the media. After the first press conference, here is what was being said:

“Anthony Scaramucci is showing here why President Trump picked him,” The Boston Globe’s DC bureau chief Matt Viser noted. “Smooth and soft-spoken. Lighthearted and optimistic.”

CNN anchor Dana Bash described Scaramucci as “smooth as silk as a talker.”

“A very polished performance behind the podium from Scaramucci,” observed the Washington Examiner’s chief political correspondent Byron York. “Rare in first 6 months of this [White House].”

US News and World Report senior politics writer David Catanese said, “IF Scaramucci is this calm and smooth six months from now, it’ll serve him, the president and the press very well.”

“Anthony Scaramucci is having a very good, very smooth on-camera debut,” said Washington Post reporter Ashley Parker.

Vogue editor Elena Sheppard, complained that “Scaramucci is actually terrifying because he’s so smooth and good at this.”

Los Angeles Times reporter Jim Puzzanghera said Scaramucci walked “the tightrope between smooth and slick” in his first press conference.

“Trump will love this,” said Politico White House reporter Josh Dawsey. “Scaramucci says he is smart, a good communicator, a brilliant businessman, genuine, a good athlete [and] more.”

“Scaramucci is doing a good job of channeling Trump but with a dose of self-aware humor and more coherent,” said Time magazine political editor Ryan Beckwith.

“Scaramucci is way more comfortable talking in front of this room than any other comms person we’ve seen so far in this administration,” wrote CNN White House reporter Kate Bennett, who noted that “Scaramucci has the same joking, off-the-cuff familiarity in his tone that [Trump] has, that resonated so well with his base.”

His most important job is to communicate the positive news from the White House, and make sure that it shows up in the MSM. Can he do that? I hope so, and optimistic that there will be an improvement in White House coverage. Perhaps a bit less confrontational on every little point. I don’t think Scaramucci will be spoiling for a fight with Jake Tapper, but he won’t put up with BS either. Speaking of Jake Tapper, his interview is a good example of what we might expect in the weeks ahead.

And did anyone else notice how uncharacteristically cordial Chris Wallace was in his interview last Sunday?

And that kiss – was it affectionate, or a warning?

This entry was posted in Government, News, Politics, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Skirmisher

I have great hopes for him. 🙂 Somebody said there needed to be a positive message coming out of the WH. I realized that is what has been missing. I think that is what (I’ve already forgotten his name 😦 ) didn’t accomplish.

• lovely says:

I think Scaramucci is the first Director of Communications to say that he loves the president he serves. In that alone Scaramucci gave away the cart with the carrot, Scaramucci is there to fight the battle not only for a correct narrative to be put forth but equally important at this point in the juncture to mould the emotions of the American public. Trump is lovable.

I ❤️ Trump. A narrative coming to theaters near you 🙂 . One thing we have learned is Trump is a phenomenally quick learner and he adjusts his game with knowledge gained.

2. Boston Irish saying:

“Is this a private fight? Or can anyone join?”

3. lovely says:

I don’t think that hope is going to last very long.

My guess is they will start reporting Scaramucci as a snake oil salesman in short order.

The Mooch IMO has a combination of Comey’s affability and President Trump’s cut throat NY fighting skills. He also has Comey’s charming boy next door looks. His wit is quicker than Comey on par with Trump I would say.

I really really like him. Mooch like Trump is very good at reading people and going for the jugular in a subtle personal way. I like that.

I would rearrange my day around an Anderson Cooper v Scaramucci interview.

He made Jake Tapper smile while he was making fun of him. That’s talent. He has an impish way about him, and a good sense of humor. That’s why I think the tenor of reporting may improve.

4. The Tundra PA says:

Smooth is certainly the talking point word of the day…

5. joshua says:

“Leave the gun…take the cannoli….”

6. Col.(R) Ken says:

That’s the way I did my killing, up front, face to face…