LIVE Stream: Milo Yiannopoulos Press Conference 2/21/17

UPDATE:

FULL REMARKS: MILO Delivers Speech at Press Conference Amid Video Scandal

This entry was posted in News, Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to LIVE Stream: Milo Yiannopoulos Press Conference 2/21/17

“Breitbart News has stood by me when others caved,” said Yiannopoulos. “They have allowed me to carry conservative and libertarian ideas to communities that would otherwise never have heard them. They have been a significant factor in my success. I’m grateful for that freedom and for the friendships I forged there.”

Milo continued: “I would be wrong to allow my poor choice of words to detract from my colleagues’ important reporting, so today I am resigning from Breitbart, effective immediately. This decision is mine alone.”

Yiannopoulos added: “When your friends have done right by you, you do right by them. For me, now, that means stepping aside so my colleagues at Breitbart can get back to the great work they do.”
    ————————————————-

A Breitbart News company statement released after the press conference stated:

“Milo Yiannopoulos’s bold voice has sparked much-needed debate on important cultural topics confronting universities, the LGBTQ community, the press, and the tech industry.

“Milo notified us this morning of his decision to resign as editor of Breitbart Tech and we accepted his resignation.”

• patternpuzzler says:

Some people may consider Milo classless with no consideration of others. The opposite shows through in his dealing with Breitbart.

Milo is a class act. I’m glad to know he’s not going away and will be finding another outlet for his schooling the SJWs about their own insanity and his willingness to frequently say what so many of us are thinking about a WIDE RANGE of subjects.

• Wooly Phlox says:

His book will be published by Castalia House.

The owner has already offered. That publisher will surpass all others, in a few short years, for all the reasons in the world.

After making Castalia House, Gab.ai (bye, Twitter, don’t forget to write!), and Infogalactic (bye, Wikipedia! It was a pleasure! Say Hi to Geocities!), and Brave (bye, Mozilla!, say hi to Netscape!) he and his faceless minions will replace Blogger, YouTube, and even Facebook. Nothing is forever. Especially SJW-converged orgs.

Facebook is deleting people’s accounts right now that even repost (or whatever it’s called) other people’s positive reviews of Milo.

We replace them. It was inevitable.

This was obviously a leftist hit job. And, now Infowars says they are going after Trump to try to taint him.

3. lovely says:

Milo, not verbatim but close;

They (MSM) reported things about me that they know are not true. And F*ck you for that. It was a politically motivated witch hunt and they waited until the most damaging moment. (And we know that because these videos have been out there for a year and the videos were not in context.)

Foundation for a lawsuit ^ .

And a sharp stick in the eye?

Going bankrupt can be worse than being abused as being abused doesn’t have to ruin your life. Bankruptcy can ruin your life.

🤔

You may be right. I thought that bankruptcy remark was odd, but it could just be pointed.

• lovely says:

Yep. The remark didn’t fit in with what he was saying.

• patternpuzzler says:

I don’t know, lovely. What I took from what he was saying was that sexual abuse doesn’t need to define who you will be the rest of your life. Trauma is trauma from whatever it derives. My interpretation is that life will bring other things that can traumatize you and you have a choice of how to deal with those things. Death of a close family member, being maimed in a car accident, bankruptcy with it’s loss of everything you’ve worked for, your financial head of household losing the source of income and having to live under a bridge – life throws, or can throw, a multitude of things at us.

How marred we are by a trauma is an outcome dependant on our coping skills. Some events in our lives give us opportunities to refine our coping skills and add to our psychological tool box. Milo talked about his own coping skills (and lack of them) several times during his presser.

You’re only a lifelong victim if you believe you are helpless and cannot change your own life.

• lovely says:

I agree with what you say but I think picking “bankruptcy” out of thin air for his example of things that could ruin your life is a very specific choice of life changing moments. It is interesting that is what was in the forefront of his mind.

• patternpuzzler says:

Absolutely agree!!! I didn’t catch that, glad you did. I’ve never heard anything from Milo that wasn’t logical, and your’e right – being attacked like this, losing the S&S book deal, having to change the way he does his life while continuing to be who he is – he can pivot and he can avoid letting this bankrupt him either emotionally or fiscally.

Thanks for that insight.

• lovely says:

I thought that only a survivor of sexual abuse and someone who felt the possible pending doom of bankruptcy would/could make such a remark. I also thought it was a sharp stick in the eye to all the MSM who are still reporting that Milo endorses pedophilia as they all are looking over their shoulders at the Gawker settlement. I believe NYT is still reporting that Milo seems to support child abuse.

4. shiloh1973 says:

I’m getting a bad feeling and I hope I am wrong. How many times did they ask Spicer about Trump and anti-Semitic? In the link I posted above from Gateway Pundit Milo is being called Anti Semitic (He is Jewish). How many times has Bannon been called Anti-Semitic? I am seeing a very disturbing trend.

5. lovely says:

Just wow. How deep the hypocrisy runs. (Warning! Sickening talk really sickening)

Wow! George Takei Advocated Pedophilia with 13 Year-Olds — Will Pizza Hut Drop Him? (VIDEO)

6. lovely says:

I forgot about Hillary Clinton defending a pedophile and blaming the victim. I hope this really implodes on the true promoters and defenders of pedophilia.