For gun control advocates ….

navysealsmeme

Image | This entry was posted in Government, Meme, Politics, Terrorism. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to For gun control advocates ….

1. ytz4mee says:

This is what I don’t understand about the Left. They don’t even pretend anymore that their positions make sense or have any standing. This is a classic case in point. It is my understanding that California ALREADY has in place everything on Obama’s “Wish List” with respect to “Gun Control” and California has gone one step further, by making de facto gun control by restricting access to the purchase of ammo. Try buying a box of .22 anywhere in CA — good luck !! Yet, it hasn’t slowed down the fanatics yet.

Ytz, my own daughter is for gun control. She lives in a town – Oak Park – that stood with Chicago and lost in the Supreme Court. People who aren’t familiar with guns are afraid of them. Funny enough, they are most afraid of open carry. I guess that they don’t worry as long as they can’t see them. It’s not logical, but emotional.

• ytz4mee says:

The rhetoric is about even more gun control, when California already has the most vigorous gun control in the country. The underlying issue isn’t “gun control”. There have been horrific acts of mass violence and mass murder that have been carried out by other weapons other than guns.

2. partyzantski says:

Stella,
    The anti-firearm people and groups… they are free to NOT buy them or carry them.
    Open carry is all well and good, but it is much more tactically advantageous to carry concealed. I say this as it is better to keep people guessing… sort of a “is she, or isn’t she?”.
    That such energy and bile gets spilled by the gun grabbers… it is an irrational, pathological “cause”.
    A place to look at the state of open carry and other firearm regulatory environments by state (though not definitive) is http://www.opencarry.org/

I agree with all of the above. My comments were addressed to the illogic of those who favor more gun restrictions.

• Col.(R) Ken says:

PZ, agree with the tactical surprise. CCS ( close combat shooting) is not for the faint of heart nor the regular concealed carry citizens.

• partyzantski says:

Col. (R) Ken,
          I am worried about America. Everywhere I go, I see people with faces and attention buried in some gadget… people jogging with headphones or earbuds… NO situational awareness whatsoever.

It takes ZERO effort to tactically surprise any of them, if one so chose. Hamsters and meat rabbits have more awareness, as they will startle when they sense something is up. Prey animals have eyes on the sides of their heads for a reason. Humans, with forward facing vision have vast blind spots. Our peaceable nature is a conditioned response after decades of propaganda and social engineering.

It is my understanding that the hypothalamus and the pineal gland function together for survival, yet modern Americans effectively unplug millions of years of evolution by burying their consciousness electronically.

I suspect that Americans will shortly experience a very sharp, steep learning curve regarding this as the atomized jihad (reduced to singletons and small elements, not as in E=mc2) is injected into every county, small burg and local elected office.

• ytz4mee says:

Everybody throughout history who lived in a previously peaceful stable society always said, “It (whatever tragedy – bank closures, economic collapse, seizure of private property, rape camps, ethnic cleansing) couldn’t happen “HERE” in the months leading up the tipping point, and went on living their blissful oblivious daily routines completely ignoring all warning signs.

Until it did. Usually with minimal/no warning.

Just watched this week on teh Amazon, academic Jonah Goldhagen’s documentary, “Worse than War”. Unsettling. People need to start bookmarking the website Genocide Watch. (www.genocidewatch.net) and evaluate where WE are on the scale. And no, I’m not kidding.

• partyzantski says:

Whoops…. Amygdala, not hypothalmus. I iz not a science major. I iz cat.

• partyzantski says:

Stella,
        I wholeheartedly agree with you.