General Discussion, Wednesday, January 19, 2022

12 Responses to General Discussion, Wednesday, January 19, 2022

1. czarina33 says:

Me first? That’s totally unreal! I just saw the moon set, full and clear, and now the sun has colored the western clouds and tops of the trees there. They are a lovely pinkish apricot.

Meeting with another representative from a care home for my brother in law this morning. He continues to have mostly good days while home. I have fears about the transition since he does have awareness of his cognitive losses but also has confusion and fears of his own. He will possibly understand enough to want to cooperate with moving to a “memory care” home (locked and well supervised area to allow wandering with safety) but still not want to leave his own home and wife. But she cannot assure his safety alone, and bringing paid help in will cost twice what the care home charges, which is significant.

Mornin’ Czarina. Hope you can get things settled there. They are really lucky to have you. It is such a difficult time. Praying you stay safe. It seems even colder here today, It is 45* this morning and I was glad I had put on my vest under my coat. The wind went right through the fleece coat. Loki didn’t seem to care. Her fur coat must be warm enough. She has had her walk and breakfast and is now taking her morning nap. I have to get ready to drive to my friend’s house and then we are going to a seminar lunch. So, I need to get going. I am going to save this before I send it because yesterday I typed a long comment and it disappeared and was never seen again. Hope everyone stays warm.

Mornin’ kids!

For y’all word peeps…. 😀

5. jeans2nd says:

G’afternoon, All. It is so lovely to come here and hear some sanity. Just wanted to say thank you.
    And apologies once again for having no “like” function.

6. texan59 says:

Maybe this should go on today’s news –
    Oops. Chuck U fails in his power play bid to ram through the “Voting Bill”. Thank you Senators Manchin and Sinema. I’m not out buying them early Christmas presents yet, but we take a W wherever we can with this bunch.