General Discussion, Friday, July 23, 2021

29 Responses to General Discussion, Friday, July 23, 2021

Happy Fence Friday!

Ocean City, MD…

Seven Mile Beach, NJ…

Ireland…

Fence Quote of the Week…

“Providing a framework doesn’t take away children’s individuality. In fact, structure generally helps them to be more free because it provides boundaries. It’s like a fence that offers security for what can happen inside the enclosure…

…Respect flourishes best within a clear framework, and it’s that framework that can allow us all to express more of who we really are”. – Fred Rogers

Dems: All Good Things Must Come to a Spend
    July 22, 2021 – by Tony Perkins

Forget reading the bill after you pass it — now Senate Democrats want to pass a bill that doesn’t exist! Taking their abuse of the legislative process to new heights, Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) did something that no one learned on Schoolhouse Rock: he held a vote on nothing. Just trust us, Democrats cooed. It’ll be great. Republicans, who’ve been stung by plenty of bills they had read, refused. Maybe Schumer needs a refresher on how Congress works — but, as Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) pointed out, “Around here, we typically write the bills before we go.”

Do you think international terrorists have anything planned for the 20th anniversary of 9/11? If so, do you think the FBI knows anything about it?

How the FBI Failed America on 9/11
    And learned nothing from the experience.
    Thursday, July 22, 2021 By Lloyd Billingsley

The latest issue of al Qaeda’s online magazine, titled “Praise and Guidance,” urges “attacks against the American enemy, whether inside its homeland, which is preferred, or outside.” For the best success, “try to always choose a location where it is hard for those gathered to find shelter, hide, or escape. Do this to ensure that the largest number of people are killed.”

Mornin’ All. Sunny, hot, and humid here. Boy, things a getting strange all over. Yesterday a neighbor told me to be careful if I walked Loki on the front walk because he had just come by there with his yellow lab and she was attacked by two vultures. He figured if they had tried to get her, Loki wouldn’t have a chance. I think it was possible that they were trying to chase the lab off because there was a dead animal near where they were. They were really big vultures, though. I saw them. I walked on the other side of the building. I have never heard of a vulture going after anything that wasn’t dead and still. Hope there are no vultures in you day, today. 🙂

• WeeWeed says:

They don’t, Mom. Carrion only for vultures – they must have a nest nearby. Mornin’!

• WeeWeed says:

It just occurred to me – does he know the difference between hawks or eagles and vultures??? THEY are a very different story. We have to watch for that, here.

• auscitizenmom says:

I saw them. They were definitely vultures……….big and all black.

• auscitizenmom says:

We do have a hawk, or some hawks that live here. I have seen them land on the fence right outside my sliding glass doors. One time, I was walking my dog and we were near a mother duck and about 6 little babies. A hawk flew down right in front of my face, grabbed a baby duck and flew away really fast. The poor mother duck went after him, but she was so much slower, she turned around when she got to the end of the building and came back to take care of the other babies. The mother ducks have a really hard time here.

• Lucille says:

Good morning, aus! That’s one of the reasons I don’t watch animal nature films. I know predators have their place in the universal food chain and what they do comes naturally. But I simply can’t take it.

If others can, I have no problem with their decision, just like I have no problem with hunters even though I could never kill a food animal. Members of my family are big time hunters and every year apply for the license lottery. It just isn’t my thing.

• auscitizenmom says:

Yeah. I understand. I like chicken fixed many different way. But, if you give me a live chicken, I would be more likely to make a pet of it.

• Lucille says:

Exactly! As children, we had two pet chickens…Cluck-Cluck and Henny-Penny. Henny-Penny did provide us with eggs, but Cluck-Cluck just roamed around the acreage looking for worms and other edibles to supplement his chicken feed. In the summertime he would try to peck my toes…LOL!

Mornin’ y’all!

CJCS Milley Doesn’t Deny CINC/Hitler Comparison
    By MARK ALEXANDER / July. 23, 2021

Gen. Milley is in abject violation of his oath and should resign.

I’m a bad girl today. I made dark chocolate brownies with peanut butter chips and white chocolate chips.

With all the wicked folks on earth, this man just may be at the top….

EXCLUSIVE: More Evidence Leaked from China on the Deliberate Release of COVID-19 by the Chinese Military
    By Joe Hoft – Published July 23, 2021 at 8:10am

“The following information was provided by a source inside China who has knowledge of the circumstances and has been vetted…COVID-19 was created in a laboratory by the Chinese People’s Liberation Army and fine-tuned as a bioweapon.”