General Discussion, Monday, May 10, 2021

23 Responses to General Discussion, Monday, May 10, 2021

Stellars…Bench Monday in Italy….

Venice…

“The Red Benches of Venice”

Rome…

Trieste…

Have a happy day!

Mornin’ y’all. Happy Monday!

Good morning, all! Looks like a beautiful day here today. I hope you all had a beautiful Mother’s Day.

4. czarina33 says:

OMG! I just saw I’ve been posting on the January 4, 2021 blog! To all you who receive clever comments from me from that date: good morning anyway!

5. czarina33 says:

So here is my rant. Never NEVER buy a contract with American Home Shield. Over 30 years I have diligently paid the monthly fee, and the fee for a trades person to visit the problem system/appliance, and had repairs done, mostly well. However, as per their commercials, AHS is there to save you from the big expenses. Over the years they have repaired, BUT NEVER REPLACED anything. Czar always just bought the new dishwasher, dryer or freezer because AHS just kept nickel and dimeing repairs when something evidently needed replacement.

I am trying to sell our old residence in NO. Every inspection states the 28 year old AC unit is “past it’s replacement” time. AHS refused to replace it as long as it can be repaired. So I have to spend thousands of dollars to get a new one or I will never be able to sell the house. Now, a plumbing inspector has found cracked sewerage pipes under the concrete slab. AHS will not repair these, only will fix a clog. Estimate is for $14,000 for me to pay to have the pipes dug out and replaced. TELL EVERYONE IN THE USA TO STOP WASTING THEIR MONEY ON AHS.

• Menagerie says:

I had a number of very bad experiences with them. They ultimately had to pay a special “save your butt” repairman to install a new HVAC Unit at the cabin on Christmas Eve the year before moved. Because their contractor had totally flubbed the repair. And I had to pay a part of that cost, even though I’d had to pay hundreds of dollars for the repairs, which they refused to refund and did not make the contractor refund to me.

The contractor who fixed the unit said their rates of compensation are so low that only the least qualified people who do shoddy work will take their contract. Proved to be true on several occasions to me.

Afternoon everyone. Sunny and hot here. We sure would like some of that wet weather you all talk about. It clouded up just before dark yesterday, got very humid, and the wind was really blowing. Looked like rain, felt like rain…………but………nothing. Loki was up before dawn this morning. They get them up really early at the kennel, so she is on their schedule. I disabused her of the notion that I was going to get up then. But, every half hour she would jump up and down on me. She will eventually get back on a reasonable schedule. Hope everyone has a nice day.

Isn’t this the truth?

8. The Tundra PA says:

Hey y’all! Thanks for everyone’s input on my upcoming cataract surgery. That was last Thursday and I only just now got back to see it (sorry ’bout that!). Days just get really busy with the long daylight we have now (sun’s rising at 5:30a and setting at 10:30p, and it’s still 6 weeks to summer solstice). Anyhoo, apparently mine won’t be a laser surgery. Doc says he’ll poke a big needle in, jab around to break up the old lens and then suck it out. Pop in the new one and I’m done in 15 minutes. Says it won’t hurt at all, but they’ll give me IV sedation (Versed?). He says I have astigmatism only in 1 eye, my non-dominant one. So getting the $1500 TORIC lens in that eye (which Medicare does not cover) to optimize the outcome. The second eye will be done a week later. He says I’ll have to remove the lens from my glasses on the side he does first in order to see correctly until the second eye is done. I’m going for distance vision with the implants, so will still have to wear reading glasses for closeup work. That’s not a problem. Am so looking forward to being able to see clearly again! Surely appreciate everyone’s encouragement. I’ll let y’all know how it works out.

9. michellc says:

Sorry I haven’t updated in awhile, but have been waiting on the visit with the Nephrologist and it took awhile to get an appointment after referrals and all that.
    His last oncologist visit showed his PSA was still falling, he was a little bummed at the time because he had convinced himself it would be close to normal, but the oncologist said his numbers were great and he was pleased with them. He’s only seeing the oncologist now every 3 months.
    He finally saw one of the top Nephrologists in the state last week. He called him personally today to tell him that he had went over his bloodwork, basically the same blood work he usually gets, with the exception of checking PSA and in addition to some other things he wanted to see. He said some of his numbers were better and others were the same, but nothing bad and that he thought overall everything looked good.

He believes what happened to his kidneys was the prostate caused urine blockage and it had been going on for some time without his knowledge, causing backflow. He didn’t say it was a definite that the kidneys could recover, but he strongly hinted that with proper urine flow they could. He ordered a CT scan to see how everything is flowing and to see how the kidneys look. Then he said he would know more after seeing those test results.

The side effects of the drugs are still manageable, the hot flashes at night causing him to lose sleep are getting better with something simple the oncologist told him to try the last time and that’s to eat a hand full of sunflower kernels before he goes to bed. The past few weeks he’s developed a new side effect and that’s his knees causing him pain and swelling. When we contacted the doctor about that he said unfortunately that is a side effect, painful joints and swelling in the joints. The swelling is getting better, but still causing him pain when he does a lot of walking.

He stays busy, although he’s cut back on work some and is making the time to go off racing that he loves to do and is doing other things he wants now instead of saying he doesn’t have time.