OLD AND USELESS: How Gov. Andrew Cuomo Views People Like My Mom

Bill Whittle talks about the value of human life and how two governors – Cuomo of New York and DeSantis  of Florida – treated the elderly in their states during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Bill’s mother got good treatment because she was a resident in a nursing home in Florida, rather than in New York, and she is still alive.

On the other hand there is the story told by Janice Dean, a meteorologist working for Fox News. Both of her in-laws died as a result of the policies of Andrew Cuomo. This month they would have been married 60 years.

Sadly, they aren’t with us this year to celebrate what should have been a tremendous milestone in their lives.

We lost them both to COVID last spring as the virus ravaged their long term care facilities. Their death warrant was signed as an executive order by New York Governor Andrew Cuomo to put infected patients into the places where our most vulnerable resided.

Both born and bred in Brooklyn New York, Michael and Dolores “Dee” Newman were married right before Valentine’s Day on this day back in 1961. . .

[My husband] Sean spoke to his mom every day, and even now, he still feels the urge to call her just to say “Hi,” especially when he is on his way home from work, the time he would usually call to check-in.

We lost my husband’s father Mickey first. He was in a nursing home where he was being cared for temporarily for ongoing health issues and dementia.

Before he got sick in late March, we got a call saying he was being moved to another floor to allow for more residents to be placed in the nursing home.

From what I know now, I believe those being let in were patients infected with COVID-19. Gov. Cuomo signed an executive order on March 25, 2020, that allowed hospitals to transfer over 6,000 COVID positive seniors into their long-term care facilities.

At the time, my mother in law Dee was living in an assisted living facility waiting for Mickey to get better and join her. We found a nice place that was just minutes away from where we lived so that our family could visit and they would both be cared for.

The hardest thing my husband has ever had to do was tell his mom her husband was dead. The news was delivered over the phone since we were not able to see her because of the quarantine restrictions in place.

Heartbroken doesn’t begin to describe her despair.

I told her to hang on, and we would take care of her after the restrictions of the pandemic were lifted.

Two weeks later Dee was diagnosed with COVID and died in the hospital. . .

When asked about the attorney general’s report last week, Gov. Cuomo responded by saying:

“Who cares if they died in the nursing home or in the hospital?  They died.”

My response is:

WE care, governor.  Thousands of New Yorkers who lost their loved ones care.

This entry was posted in coronavirus, Politics, Whittle. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to OLD AND USELESS: How Gov. Andrew Cuomo Views People Like My Mom

Has the author said whether or not hydroxychloroquine was used for either of her family members? Though disparaged simply because President Trump spoke positively about it, that treatment is still on the list as being effective.

3. glendl says:

Human life is under attack from the Left, most Democrats and some Republicans and others. Abortion has been front and center since the 1960s, with a victory handed to them by the Supreme Court. Abortion has now been extended to babies surviving abortions and a couple other things.
    Euthanasia for the elderly is also being promoted by the same Leftists. The goal being when a person can no longer contribute and becomes a burden on society; Euthanize. Coming out of the Fabian Society, centered at the London School of Economics and articulated by George Bernard Shaw, “When a person can no long contribute to society they should be executed as humanely as possible with many apologies”.
    This is essentially what Cuomo did.

• jeans2nd says:

When I was in eighth grade, my Ohio guv teacher told us blacks made up 12% of the population, but as blacks were having more children they would be the majority by 2020.

Then the Democrats found abortion.
      I believe blacks now make up something like 13% of the population.

Cuomo was not the only guv euthanizing the elderly. So did that Mich guv, Newsome in California, and a whole bunch of other democrat guvs.
      Yet only Cuomo and Newsome are in trouble, especially Cuomo.
      Recall, the two biggest threats to Kommie Harris’s 2024 Pres bid are Cuomo, and Newsome.
      Now isn’t that odd?

• glendl says:

Your teacher was correct. Not odd, the best leaders lead by example. The problem here is ” … they lead us into Temptation … ” that is putting it mildly. What they are doing in their respective states is the same as they would do to America.
        Yes, A few years ago, the Blacks went from the largest minority population to the 2d largest minority. 2d only to the Hispanics. It is forecast that they will be surpassed by Orientals

My goodness. I didn’t listen to this until tonight at about 11:30. He tore me up. He is so right. All I can say is that I understand what he is saying.