General Discussion, Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Image | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to General Discussion, Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Stellars…

Mornin’ Lucille, everyone, when you get here anyway. 🙂

Last night went pretty well with my new little doggie. She seems pretty happy with her new home. I gave in to letting her lay on the couch, but drew a line when we went to bed. She just said, “Aw shucks” and curled up on the really soft comfy doggie bed under the chair next to my bed. She slept all night quietly. So, far, the only problem is she doesn’t want to sit in the doggie booster seat in the car. She wants to be in the front seat by me, but she fell off 5 times on the way home from the pound and I will not let her do that. She will find I won’t give in on this. LOL

3. Gary says:

Good Morning Stella,Lucille, and Citizenmom.
    Absolutely love the pic but hard to imagine doing that much work and not being able to step back and admire it.

4. Menagerie says:

Good morning everyone. I just spent some time looking at these pictures. Painted by a revert Catholic after his return to the faith, scenes from the Jewish Bible. There’s an interesting story about their very roundabout trip to the museum.

Really brings some scenes familiar and more obscure from the Old Testament to life. I was a little disappointed at not seeing more of Kind David, especially one with Bathsheba. Samson seemed to be among his favorite characters.

With evil hawgs like this in the trough it’s a miracle when the little guys get a dime. Mornin’ all!

• jeans2nd says:

Mornin’!
      SOP, is it not?
      A Bush and Obama staffer leveraged all her gubmint experience to become a high-paid Huawei lobbyist. After Huawei was blacklisted.

They do not even try to hide it anymore.
      But we woke up this morning to blue skies, a bright smiling sun, and Imaginary Friends in the ether with whom to converse, if desirable today.
      How sad for all the Swamp Creatures, who will never know the joy of life.

btw – that pic of Albright at Free Beacon – howd’ya like to wake up to THAT every morning lolol?

• czarowniczy says:

Once you’re in you’re ‘in’ regardless. Guy I was assigned to at the RNC in NOLA in ’88 was a money man and a big Republican mover and shaker. As if he didn’t have enough money his fortunes increased markedly post-election.

Makes me a wee bit sad sometimes that I didn’t leverage a couple of opportunities I had but then I’d have to live in the DC area and there ain’t enough money for me to do that. Yech.

• Lucille says:

Good day to you, WeeWeed! With all the selfish in-it-for-the-power-and-money folk around it’s truly a wonder we have a nation left at all considering so many are conspiring with our enemies. Praise God that He answers the prayers of the good patriots to have mercy on America.

6. litenmaus says:

In February of this year, we had a spate of Chinook winds that roared down from Canada and a lot of the tin siding from the abandoned garage across the street was ripped off and sent flying….One of those pieces struck one of my large six foot plate glass windows and shattered it.

I immediately contacted a glass dealer to come and replace the window, but Covid-1984 kicked into full gear and the glass dealer shut down. Today, 4 1/2 months later, the glass company is here replacing the window and just as the crew got the new glass in place my phone rang. It was our State Emergency Broadcast System….there is a major hailstorm expected to hit this afternoon…..

:0) Couldn’t have timed that any better if I’d tried.

Oh my, listen to this beautiful rendition of “Piano Concerto No. 2” by Sergei Rachmaninov
    Croatian cellist Stjepan Hauser (b. 6-15-86)

• czarina33 says:

Cello is my favorite stringed instrument.

• Lucille says:

It’s a toss-up for me between the viola and the cello. I’m in my cello mode right now…a few hours ago having discovered this remarkably poised young man who was 20 at the time of recording…

Elgar – Cello Concerto – Sheku Kanneh-Mason (b.4-4-99) [BBC Proms 2019]

The daily red pill of encouragement from Dr. Steve Turley…

Trump Launches a Full-Scale Assault on the Far Left, Setting Up for Landslide Win in November!!!
    July 7, 2020

Seen on Facebook:

Commenting on this tweet:

“Wretchard T. Cat” is the pen name for Richard Fernandez (PJ Media.)

• Sharon says:

In the summer of 2008 when obama said his intention was to fundamentally change America, I certainly did not think it was charming, and I’m sure many people did not. I believed him. But even close family who actually do have respect for my take on things – thought I was over-reacting to a passing phrase. They don’t think that any more.

That’s a good chain of comments, stella. Thank you.

I like to read the last refuge twitter thread, too, when I can. It seems overwhelming to try to follow too many things, so the sifting and sharing is appreciated.

Joe Biden is saying it again – fundamentally transforming America.

• Sharon says:

I saw that a day or so ago – just disgusting how they never give up and there are millions who drink it in – –

• Menagerie says:

I believed him also. People generally give themselves away, and the more arrogant they are, the easier it is to see what they really are. Trouble is, people don’t want to believe the evidence. Most people really prefer to fight to maintain their safe illusions and will do so until the hallelujah moment.