General Discussion, Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Image | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to General Discussion, Wednesday, June 3, 2020

“Fishing Boats on the Beach at Saintes-Maries” by Vincent Van Gogh

“Oleanders” (1888) by Vincent Van Gogh

A Hercule Poirot film I’d not seen before…watched it Tuesday evening…well done, enjoyable….

“Death in the Clouds”

3. czarowniczy says:

There’s only so much deprivation the a (New Orleans) human being can take so tonite I made the 15 mile one-way drive to…POPEYE’S!

Their dine-in is closed but their drive-thru is ahoppin’, the line went thru thelot, around the store and all the way back up the block, blocking the far outside lane. It was about an hour to get your order…but it’s worth it.

Thing is, there were black, white, an Indian and an Asian in the line and we were all joking and talking. People who parked in the lot and went inside for carryout – a dangerous thing as the cars in the bumper-to-bumper drive-thru blocked an exit from the lot – ended up chatting as they ate part of their purchase waiting for the line to let them maneuver out of their parking slot. When you got to the order point even the harried store personnel were joking and having a good time – ditto the people at the order window where you got your delectable goodies to go.were having a good time.

Think we might have more interpersonal harmony if we just built more Popeye’s? I’m up for it.

• Menagerie says:

Up here the Popeye’s are not worth the aggravation. After working in retail so many years, and experiencing the nasty public, I have a very generous amount of tolerance in retail and restaurants, including fast food places. I almost never complain, and I generally expect poor service.

The Popeye’s employees have got to be deliberately recruited from the bottom pool of fast food applicants. And they are out of shrimp every time you go. Every.single.time.

• WeeWeed says:

They’re awful here, too – these peeps haven’t been taught how to change the grease, apparently.

• texan59 says:

Just read a little while ago that Luby’s, another TX institution is being “sold”. Likely at a fire-sale price. They went downhill when they got rid of the LouAnn platter. A meat and 2 veggies for $7.99…………back in the day. 😦

• czarina33 says:

So, sometimes they get it right. I don’t enjoy the epicy chicken, so Czar orders white spicy, dark mild. Tonight they made half the order spicy and half mild. Am I to believe if they get paid $15 per hour they’d get it right every time?

• czarowniczy says:

I’ve noticed that the farther away you get from a restaurant’s home office the more the quality sinks. My local Popeyes in Maryland was a poor shade of what the ones here are.

When it still belonged to Al Copeland he took great pride in the quality of the goods and took complaints seriously, especially complaints from cops who were heavily (and I do mean ‘heavily’) into his fare.

A good part of my time in the SO was spent driving thru the Popeyes closest to where I was working at meral time, made fitting into my uniform a full time job. I don’t eat anywhere near what I used to but it’s still a treat.

• JTR says:

I would die for their onion rings! The chicken is usually really good too. We have one that opened up about 6 months ago. They seem to have a really hard time finding staff. They keep having banana 🍌 pudding as a special, but every time I’ve been, they had run out. Is it really that good? Or should I just keep making homemade?

• czarowniczy says:

I haven’t seen it bon the menu around here so it might be a franchisee thing. For dessert we usually get the onion rings or the Cajun fries. Yeah, that’s dessert there, yes indeed.

One of my favorite riot moments.

Oh, my…Rush announced a few minutes ago that BHO is going to “address the nation” from his website tonight at 5:00 PM in San Francisco, I think he said. Bleeeech! He’ll give us his faux compassionate thoughts and considered bs about Floyd’s death and I’m sure will blame everything on Trump, but no Antifa terrorism will be mentioned…after all, he doesn’t want to disturb a group he encouraged and perhaps donated to. Sickening!!!

Video: As Cities Burn, Everyday Americans Rise Up
    So here’s to the peacemakers, because highlighting the good is exactly what we need.
    Media Editors · Jun. 3, 2020

There’s a famous saying in the media world that if it bleeds, it leads. More often than not, the cameras are so busy focusing on the guy knocking someone to the ground that they miss the other nine who rush in to help him up. Rarely do the peacemakers make the headlines. So today, that’s what we’re going to do. Because after months of social isolation and now a week of watching our cities burn, highlighting the good is exactly what we need.

I don’t know if this is true, but I hope it is.

This was posted at CTH also. Just in case anyone is tempted to use these services you’ll know you’d be supporting Antifa and other communist terrorist groups…

Airbnb Sends Out “Racism Guide” to White Allies – Urges Them to Show Up and Be an Active Ally
    By Jacob Engels
    Published June 2, 2020 at 9:20pm

With President Trump announcing that he will take decisive and swift action if state and local officials don’t quell the violent riots happening across America, homesharing company Airbnb has issued an appallingly anti-white guide to “tackle racism.”

Hi. Still here in Clermont. Went to the Sanford Zoo which is about an hour away, through Orlando. Against my better judgement. 🙄 However, everything We were supposed to wear masks, but we didn’t and nobody cared. There were people there and most of them didn’t wear masks either. The people working did and they had signs everywhere reminding us to stay 6 ft apart. My computer is getting worse and worse. Sometimes it takes me a half hour to post something. With my memory, It makes it very difficult because if I have to refresh my computer, when I come back, I have forgotten what I was trying to do. :\

Forgot to tell you all that a baby bunny was killed by a mower in my backyard this week. My poor neighbor, who is a soft heart when it comes to animals (except varmints like rats) was so upset, and the bunny didn’t die immediately. He called his mom, who came over and helped try to decide what to do, but the bunny died before they could take any action. There are four more bunnies out in my yard somewhere. We have marked the burrow with a stick, and some of my grass has been allowed to grow, so we will see, I guess.