General Discussion, Sunday, March 29, 2020

Image | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

63 Responses to General Discussion, Sunday, March 29, 2020

Stellars…

• czarina33 says:

I think people are so clever to put fruit and veggies in flower arrangements, since I would never think of that. Of course, I never make flower arrangements anyway, just bring some flowers in and put them in a water glass on the kitchen counter.

15 Northwest Wildflowers
    Grow a living bouquet of versatile native wildflowers.

Mornin’ y’all!

Mornin’ everyone. All gray and hazy here even though it is after 10:00. I heard first thing after I turned the TV on there was some bad bad weather. Hope everyone is ok.

6. Menagerie says:

Happy Birthday to my pal Tundra PA! May your day be full of blessings and joy. I’ll raise a glass of Jack no your honor this evening.

Happy birthday, Tundra PA!

• czarowniczy says:

Don’t use the JD to sanitize your hands, use the Smirnoff’s or above mentioned Tito’s for that, then wash your hands again before handling the JD.

8. czarina33 says:

If she’s in NO, why doesn’t the NH have an open bar and happy hour anyway?

• czarina33 says:

This was the comment which belonged under the one about granny. Being as to the virus problem with living in a NH in NO these days, maybe it would be a kindness to set up open bars…

9. czarowniczy says:

Interesting that we’re not seeing the flood of warnings that governments from Federal to state may soon be declaring states of emergency and seizing private property for public use.

The SCOTUS has affirmed the right to private parties not to have their personal property seized by the state without just compensation but we’ve also seen the definitions of ‘just cause’ and ‘reasonable compensation’ blurred. There’s also no brake to prevent the state from seizing your property and, as it’s a declared emergency, delaying the cause and compensation issues until a later date.

In California the gov signed an executive order allowing officials to seize…errr, ‘commandeer’…property or facilities such as motels, hotels or private hospitals needed to isolate or quarantine needed for quarantining, isolating or training individuals who are carrying or POTENTIALLY carrying the coronavirus. New Jersey has enacted Executive Order #103 which, if you read it, can you tell me specifically what it does not prevent the State from doing?

Click to access EO-103.pdf

What other laws/regulations do the various governments from local to Federal have tucked into their back pockets? We’ve already seen the mayor of NOLA prevent state licenced CCW holders from carrying in the city by her proclamation while she works to flush the parish’s jail’s garbage out onto the street. At some point we’ll see, if this goes on much longer, the government dealing with peoples’ holdings of food and its distribution under hoarding laws. I’m waiting to see if, as the city’s suspending utility shutoffs for the duration of the emergency, we’ll end up paying for the underlings’ utility bills thru tax increases as ‘it’s just fair’?

Yes, psychopaths walk among us…

Rhode Island Public School Teacher Offers to Pay for Someone With Coronavirus to Cough on President Trump

Our local PBS station (DPTV) will be running educational programming for the next few weeks, for kids who are at home and not attending school. I think this is a great idea, and the programming is far superior to what they usually show during the day (cartoons for the most part). Here is the schedule for this week:

• rheavolans says:

On the one hand, I like that they’re doing this i like a lot of the programs that are happening now that kids are out of school.

On the other hand, I was homeschooled for twelve straight grades, so whenever I hear stuff like it always kind of sets my teeth on edge. People provided their children with schooling at home all the time before this crisis with no special support – and as HSLDA will testify, often persecution from a local school administrator – but we have to go out of our way to provide special programming anf things for the kids from public scrules now that they have to stay home?

Both of my grandsons (one college and one high school are doing on-line classes. I imagine there are kids who don’t have this possibility (I imagine Detroit doesn’t, but I don’t know that for sure). I imagine, also, that a lot of those kids have parents who either are unable to school them because they are illiterate or close to it, or have other “problems” like drug addiction.

I used to live next door to a woman who was teaching kindergarten in Detroit. She told me about one little girl who got no care at all at home. The teachers even went out and bought her underwear because she didn’t have any. She said it was horrible how many kids had no decent home life at all.

• rheavolans says:

Based on FB posts I’ve already seen asking parents not to lash out at their kids – basically to be parents – ChiComVid19 has proven to me that the gravy train people get for having a child that they are unwilling and/or unable to care for must stop. No more social programs to encourage and enable people to have children soley for a bigger check from the government.

I think the problem is that as children grow up, whatever their environment is “normal” to them. If their mother had multiple children by multiple fathers starting at age 15, that is “normal” in their world. If their entire lives are spent in a home where the government pays the bills, then that is their “normal”.

If you’re a subscriber, Kurt Schlichter emails his columns early. This one is for March 30, 2020…

“Tumbleweeds Greet Credible Sex Abuse Accusation Against Gropey Joe”

Quote: You know, all these differing rules about how we are supposed to react to #MeToo stuff seems really complex and difficult, since they change based on the ideology of the alleged pervert, but it’s really simple if you just understand one simple thing.

The liberal outrage is all a lie and a scam.

Just had an argument on Facebook with some very distant relatives. Dumb ones. I think I lost brain cells tonight as a result.