Official Ram Trucks Super Bowl Commercial “Farmer”

In light of Michael Bloomberg’s ignorant comments about farmers, this Chrysler/Dodge advertisement puts it all into perspective. Gee, I miss Paul Harvey!

And on the eighth day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, “I need a caretaker.” So God made a farmer.

God said, “I need somebody willing to get up before dawn, milk cows, work all day in the field, milk cows again, eat supper, then go to town and stay past midnight at a meeting of the school board.” So God made a farmer.

God said, “I need somebody willing to sit up all night with a newborn colt and watch it die, then dry his eyes and say,’Maybe next year,’ I need somebody who can shape an ax handle from an ash tree, shoe a horse with hunk of car tire, who can make a harness out hay wire, feed sacks and shoe scraps. Who, during planting time and harvest season will finish his 40-hour week by Tuesday noon and then, paining from tractor back, put in another 72 hours.” So God made the farmer.

God said, “I need somebody strong enough to clear trees and heave bales, yet gentle enough to yean lambs and wean pigs and tend the pink-comb pullets, who will stop his mower for an hour to splint the leg of a meadowlark.”

It had to be somebody who’d plow deep and straight and not cut corners. Somebody to seed, weed, feed, breed, and brake, and disk, and plow, and plant, and tie the fleece and strain the milk. Somebody who’d bale a family together with the soft, strong bonds of sharing, who would laugh, and then sigh and then reply with smiling eyes when his son says that he wants to spend his life doing what Dad does. “So God made a farmer.”

This entry was posted in Current Events, The Culture, Uncategorized, video. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Official Ram Trucks Super Bowl Commercial “Farmer”

A comment of mine from August, 2017:

Reminds me a bit of my cousin Don. I happened to read his obituary this week (he died in 2013, about this time of year.)

He farmed the family farm, which includes my great-grandfather’s first 40 acres.

Donald C. —- was a 1958 graduate of M——– High School, where he served as President of the graduating class.

He served his country in the U.S. Army.
    Donald married Marilyn on November 10, 1962.

He was a member and elder at the Second Presbyterian Church, a member of the board at M——– Oil & Gas, the Zoning Board, and served on the FFA Alumni Scholarship Committee.

Donald finished his career as Postmaster at the M——– Post Office. He also farmed, collected and restored Antique Tractors, and he enjoyed them at tractor shows.

He was a great guy, and raised three beautiful daughters.

2. czarowniczy says:

“Hi, I’m Mike Bloomberg and I don’t approve of this ad.”

3. michellc says:

Things are a little slower around here this week and this is what I read this afternoon. At first of course it pissed me off, because for 2 weeks my daughter and I have existed on very little sleep, spending more time in the barn than in bed. We had a lot of first time girls this year kidding and discovered our new buck this past year isn’t going to be producing anymore kids for us. You wouldn’t guess it by looking at him, but he threw some huge babies, that even some of our seasoned girls struggled to deliver. We’ve pulled a lot of babies, some before the Bloombergs of the world had even crawled out of bed, some long after the Bloombergs of the world have went to bed.
    We had to perform a c-section on a goat and I won’t go into what that involves when you don’t have time to call out a vet or get to a vet before you loose mama and baby. It’s not a decision we ever want to make, but it’s a fact of life. Then we sat up all night nursing the newborn baby determined we weren’t going to lose it too.
    Then we lost a baby while we were just trying to take a 30 minute break to eat dinner.

During all of this my husband has been plowing and tilling, while at the same time we dumb country folks are running a separate business and my daughter is raising two young kids.

But then I quit focusing on the how dumb we are part and anyone can do it, to focusing on his brilliance of digging a hole, putting a seed in, pouring some water on it and you have corn. Anyone who has ever grown corn knows how ignorant that statement is. I’d like to see him dig a hole and plant a seed and then watch him wonder why that stalk never produces one ear of corn. That’s besides the factors of wind, storms, too much rain and worms. He’s as ignorant about farming as he is guns.

• glendl says:

It sounds like a non-stop miracle worker.

• michellc says:

I’d prefer to pull goats any day of the week over pulling calves or foals. I hate doing that because you pretty much get soaked. It also takes a lot of strength, even with a puller.

The problem with goats is you don’t have a lot of room to work.

We have two little bottle goats this year and the grandkids are loving that. They’re going to end up more like dogs than goats. lol

• czarina33 says:

Bless you!

• michellc says:

Thank you, but it really just comes with life on a farm.

It’s funny though, I just opened up our farm e-mail and someone thinks we’re horrible people because we have a picture of a goat with stuff hanging out. They just wanted to look at baby goats and then without warning there was a very graphic picture.
            I sent her an e-mail back and told her that is part of life, birth is not clean and baby goats are no different than any other animal or human for that matter, they don’t come out all clean and cute, and after they’re born then they must deliver the placenta.
            She also wanted to know what if a kid viewed our page, I told her then they could also get educated and I promise it won’t kill them, mine watched many of animal births up close and personal growing up. They all even knew how to pull an animal by the time they were 8 or 9 and that my grandkids even in this day and age have managed to survive watching them give birth. haha
            To educate her even more I attached a video of the entire birthing experience of one of our goats. lol

4. glendl says:

Bloomy is one of those that think foods comes from the grocery store.