General Discussion, Monday, January 27, 2020

Image | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to General Discussion, Monday, January 27, 2020

Stellars…

Quebec City, Canada

“January Sun on the Field” Watercolor by By Sandra L. Strohschein

Mornin’ Lucille. Beautiful pictures. The closest we will get here is it is overcast so far this morning. :\

Good morning all! My daughter is coming here today to stay with me for a few. As I was vacuuming the living room, Tucker vomited up all of the things he shouldn’t have eaten the past couple of days (stretchy hair tie, banana peel, plastic ball parts, paper napkins. I think that’s all.) I guess I’m glad none of it got stuck in his gut. I guess. Cleaning up the mess now; of course it was on the carpet instead of on the hardwood floor only 2 feet away.

• auscitizenmom says:

OMG That is quite an assortment. I had labs who liked to eat rocks. I forget the type of rocks they were but they were soft enough to bite and break. Sometimes their stomachs got too full of them and they threw up and sometimes they went all the way through. Either way, I would see rocks in whatever came out or up. It was so common that I fed them oatmeal, which they loved, every week to help whatever move through.

• Lucille says:

Thank God most of my dogs never ate anything other than their food…but one fellow did try cat feces…HOW TOTALLY DISGUSTING! One of my nephews owns a dog who MUST be kept out of the horse pasture…TRIPLE disgusting…and she’s such a beautiful pedigree dog that other owners of German Shorthair Pointers (which look like this)…

…stop my nephew on the street or at camp sites and rave about her.

I found this article which might be of help for your boy…
      “Stop your dog from eating rocks, socks and other non-food items”

My last dog (Stella) would eat her own feces if she had the opportunity. Tucker doesn’t do that, fortunately. He particularly likes paper products.

• auscitizenmom says:

My two labs loved……….loved…….fresh cow poop. If they got out into the pasture, they would come back in all happy with what looked like chocolate pudding all over their faces and in their mouths.

• Lucille says:

No kisses for them!!!

My one dog who had problems also liked to rip up newspapers/magazines left within reach, but didn’t eat any paper products. I just learned to never let him out without checking the yard for items which needed to be picked up. And he couldn’t be let off-leash when we went for our 4 times daily walks…just as well since in L.A. it was a ticket-worthy offense if the police were in the vicinity.

• czarowniczy says:

Our trash receptacle Daisy usual allows those sort of things to pass…

• czarina33 says:

We have 100% tile floors. Cleaned up pet messes from carpet for too many years: learned my lesson.

Good News!

In 5-4 ruling, Supreme Court allows Trump plan to deny green cards to those who may need gov’t aid

The U.S. Supreme Court issued an order Monday allowing the Trump administration to begin enforcing new limits on immigrants who are considered likely to become overly dependent on government benefit programs.

The court acted on a vote of 5-4. Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan said they would have left a lower court ruling in place that blocked enforcement while a legal challenge works its way through the courts.

The Department of Homeland Security announced in August that it would expand the definition of “public charge,” to be applied to people whose immigration to the U.S. could be denied because of a concern that they would primarily depend on the government for their income.

In the past, that was largely based on an assessment that an immigrant would be dependent upon cash benefits. But the Trump administration proposed to broaden the definition to include non-cash benefits, such as Medicaid, supplemental nutrition, and federal housing assistance…

• Lucille says:

Wonderful! And our President, and those in his administration who believe in his agenda and vision, just keeps on working on America’s behalf despite the true fascists aka Pathetic Democrats try to take him out.

If the Dems are H-bent on giving freebies to non-Americans, then how about a law where only registered Dems will be taxed to pay for what they say they believe in?

Pre-Dynastic Cave Paintings from 10,000 BC Discovered in Egypt
    Ancient Architects – Published on Jan 26, 2020

The timeline of Ancient Egyptian history is often debated by researchers, especially concerning the monuments on the Giza plateau – are they Old Kingdom or Pre-dynastic? The debate will linger forever, but a new discovery in Sinai is certainly pre-dynastic, dating back to at least 10,000 BC and gives us an insight into the lives of the people who lived in this region in very ancient times.

Juan Browne’s shortish update. If you haven’t already, check out his initial video on this tragic accident

Kobe Bryant S-76B Crash Update 27 Jan 2020