38 people cited by the State Department for violations in Clinton email probe

AP NEWS

The State Department has completed its internal investigation into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s use of private email and found violations by 38 people, some of whom may face disciplinary action.

The investigation, launched more than three years ago, determined that those 38 people were “culpable” in 91 cases of sending classified information that ended up in Clinton’s personal email, according to a letter sent to Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley this week and released Friday. The 38 are current and former State Department officials but were not identified.

I thought that ignorance of the law is no excuse. Why is it excused when they can’t prove that the abusers didn’t do it deliberately?

Although the report identified violations, it said investigators had found “no persuasive evidence of systemic, deliberate mishandling of classified information.” However, it also made clear that Clinton’s use of the private email had increased the vulnerability of classified information.

Perhaps it is more about WHO did it rather than what they did. Blind justice has removed her blindfold and is using it to cover evidence, perhaps. And why are they not releasing the names of the malefactors?

For current and former officials, culpability means the violations will be noted in their files and will be considered when they apply for or go to renew security clearances. For current officials, there could also be some kind of disciplinary action. But it was not immediately clear what that would be.

The report concluded “that the use of a private email system to conduct official business added an increased degree of risk of compromise as a private system lacks the network monitoring and intrusion detection capabilities of State Department networks.”

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most, that has made it possible for evil to triumph. Haile Selassie

This entry was posted in Corruption, Crime, Government, Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to 38 people cited by the State Department for violations in Clinton email probe

1. glendl says:

Not only does the coverup continue, but it has reached new levels and provides an enhanced degree of protection for the guilty.
    Obviously Hillary will be running for office because everyone knows we address these issues at the ballot box, not in a court of law. (or whatever Comey said).

I lost a lengthy comment laying out my rationale and I have no idea why.

I checked the spam and pending queues, and your lost comment isn’t there.

• glendl says:

1. “found “no persuasive evidence of systemic, deliberate mishandling of classified information.” However,
      2. “it also made clear that Clinton’s use of the private email had increased the vulnerability of classified information.”

The above 2 points from the narrative contradict each other.
      The 2d point overlooks that the private email for official classified information is illegal. The 1st point also contradicts itself as well as the 2d point. It becomes persuasive when one person created the Illegal server/email. It continues to be persuasive when all emails are addressed to one person and all emails emanating from that server/email account are sent by the same person.

• glendl says:

The thing posted itself. I didn’t have my hands on my computer and I was not done yet.

The question that needs to be asked right now is “How did the people know to use and illegal private server/email account. Obviously, the server administrator gave the underlings the email account and told them to use it.

• glendl says:

This is for my 2d unfinished comment. I did not even realize that this had posted. But both are different than my initial problem because that one said there was an error in posting.

• glendl says:

91 emails identified out of over 30,000 emails ran through that server. If this is not classified information, what are our public servants doing with their time while on the clock?
      How many redacted emails were released? If redacted, then they were classified.

I do not know how many employees report directly to the Secretary of State, but for some reason, I would believe most are in supervisory positions. Positions in which they ought to know better.

If you run a red light and say you didn’t do it deliberately, they don’t let you off. :\

3. texan59 says:

I am of the opinion that us common folk are going to get tired of this kind of double-speak and someone is going to take matters in their own hands. Unfortunate, but we are getting real tired of two-tiered justice.

4. jeans2nd says:

Gee, how conveniently ignored are the DIA’s and ICIG’s finding that all but 7 of Clinton’s emails were forwarded to China. Every Clinton email but 7 was forwarded to a drop in Chicago, then went to China.
    Silly me. Forgot, we are all senile, so no one will remember that.