09.11.01: The towers are hit

As it happened. I think each of us remembers when they first realized what was happening. I was at work. When the second plane hit, my boss ran into my office and said, “It’s terrorism!”

This entry was posted in History. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to 09.11.01: The towers are hit

1. JTR says:

I was at work being my usual hard-working little self, with my headphones on. When the 1st plane hit, the DJ made an announcement about a plane flying into one of the towers. He was wondering if perhaps the pilot had a heart attack or something, and then he started freaking out. The second tower had been hit! I knew then just what was going on! I went into the other room and told my boss. He had an old TV in a closet that he hooked up so we could watch what was going on. We shut the lab down as soon as we could and went home. (Tiny lab, 2 people). I went home and called DH and he came home as soon as possible. It was a terrible day that I will never forget.

My mom called me to come and pick them up and take my dad to the ER. He was having internal bleeding……..again. On the way there I heard on the radio about the plane hitting the first tower. I didn’t pay much attention, and I didn’t even know what the Twin Towers were. I had never heard of them. But, by the time we got to the hospital the second plane had hit and they had it on the TV in the waiting room. The day was surreal after that, with my dad maybe bleeding to death, my son out in the country at our house alone, and my husband in D.C. And, then, to find out what had actually happened. SMH

3. czarowniczy says:

The cover-up of the total failure to predict 911 and prevent it from happening has consumed at least as much energy and resources as the investigation to catch those who did it. Ain’t like there were no clues: 1993 WTC attack was engineered by Ramzi Yousef. 1995 Bojinka plot where airliners would be hijacked and some flown into prominent US buildings…Ramzi Yousef again but this time working with Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. 911 planner under indictment for being the principal in the 911 attacks: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who is also Yousef’s uncle.

We seeing a pattern here?

4. czarowniczy says:

Earlier I was opining on the media’s whitewashing the 911 attacks – then up pops:

The issue of blaming the attacks on the airplanes is one thing but not mentioned is the Times use of the more passive verb ‘died’. Not murdered or even the less accusative ‘killed’, but died. And their downsizing the number murdered from the nearly 3000 in the WTC, the 2 aircraft that were crashed into the Towers and responders on the ground down to 2000.

I second Larry O’Connor’s opinion.

5. jeans2nd says:

We were all at work, out on smoke break – my boss, my sidekick, and I had our meetings outside. Someone came out and told us a small plane hit the Twin Towers. No one had even heard of the Twin Towers.

I watched online – Drudge was always my go-to site. After the second plane, Wicked Son called me from the roof of his college – we all had cell phones by then. WS described the humungous planes fast landing at Akron-Canton airport (CAK) one after the other, while I stood outside and watched the black – yes, black – helicopters circling low overhead, low enough for us to see the snipers – we have Army Nat’l Guard at CAK, Ravenna, and Akron.

Mayor Rudy G shared his memories this morning on F & F. Mayor Rudy told Pres Bush right away it was Bin Laden.

6. lovely says:

People like Ilhan Abdullahi Omar do not belong in America.