Revenge of the Right: Why Break Up YouTube, Google and Facebook

What do you think? Do you agree with Bill?

This entry was posted in Government, Politics, Social Media, video, Whittle. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Revenge of the Right: Why Break Up YouTube, Google and Facebook

Here is an example of what can happen on YouTube. It’s crazy.

I heard of one guy who had his music stolen, and he was penalized because some other guy claimed that it was his. I can’t remember where I saw the story, but it was nuts.

• Lucille says:

There is an admonition one of my bosses, a film writer, lived by…DOCUMENT EVERYTHING.

How do we know the Chinese are stealing intellectual property? Because the property was registered, patented, copyrighted, DOCUMENTED.

Whatever business you go into, even if it is merely turning on your computer and writing out your thoughts and inspirations, or sitting at a piano and composing, taking the time to claim it as your property will save a person a world of hurt.

2. czarowniczy says:

I don’t see Congress wanting to destroy social media as much as they want to control it. You don’t destroy a potential weapon, you own it.

3. wemoore says:

You need to realize, social media channels are the market competitors for ALL the lying media channels including NYT, WaPo, CNN, MSNBC…etc. We KNOW beyond any possible question that the MSM does ONLY what the Democrats and their Globalist Progressive Fascist owners dictate. They CONTROL what we see and hear, except they do not control the social media. Consider the quandary faced by liberal CEOs who run these companies. They are being attacked by the media channels that promote their own liberal agenda and political heroes…but those media channels are lying bastards. You’ve designed you social channel to be an open forum, so you must expect that some people will try to force the truth into the light using your platform. This traps the social media companies between the MSM and the common good, given that “truth is good”. As public companies these social channels must keep their stock numbers up, and they are required by their charters to allow almost anyone to speak. They cannot shut the truth off because they do not have absolute control over what gets published. Where social media has generalized content guidelines, the MSM can rewrite any story, invent any story, lie and misquote anything and everything. We have no way to know, and we will never see the truth unless it serves the progressive need. Social media may try to limit the truth, but so far I have not seen any actual evidence that they do so. They are biased, of course, but nothing in their conduct, competitive landscape, or growth projections suggest any kind of excuse for them to be destroyed by the same progressive media liars whose lies are being undone by the presence of social media. Anyone suggesting otherwise is a self-serving troll for hire.

I don’t get your point. At all. Facebook, Google, and Twitter are the same side politically as CNN, MSNBC, NBC, yet they portray themselves to be simply a carrier, like AT&T. No, they don’t produce content (that we know of), but they work hand in glove with those who produce content that they approve of, and against those that they oppose politically.

I think Whittle makes the case very well. ATT can’t shut off my service because of my political opinions, and I can talk to anyone I like on my telephone and say whatever I like without censorship on the part of ATT. If Facebook/Google/Twitter want to be common carriers, like ATT (in other words, utilities), then they should act like common carriers. They don’t. Because they are treated like common carriers at the moment, they are protected against defamation lawsuits.

Then you haven’t been looking hard enough.