General Discussion, Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Image | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

119 Responses to General Discussion, Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Snoopy scores again…

Can’t tell a Federal chair from a Classical chest of drawers?
    Here’s our expert guide, illustrated with lots from Important American Furniture, Folk Art, Silver and Prints on 17-18 January…
    Collecting Guide: Key periods of American furniture https://www.christies.com/features/Collecting-Guide-American-Furniture-7617-1.aspx

Good article from THE FEDERALIST, much of which we already know, but it’s definitely worth the read and save…”NYT Reveals FBI Retaliated Against Trump For Comey Firing” By Mollie Hemingway
    January 14, 2019

A Friday expose from the New York Times reveals that the FBI investigation of Trump for alleged treason was little more than retaliation against the president for lawfully firing an incompetent and ethically challenged FBI director.

• lovely says:

From very early on this has been a done deal. All of Mueller’s ammunition is stolen, it is fruit of the forbidden tree and inadmissible in court. Wait for it.

• Menagerie says:

I am sick of the fact that’s our whole government is now played like a harp by a few desperate power brokers who are holding the whole system hostage because they are power hungry, greedy asses who want to have the ability to negate our entire form and function of government.

Essentially, if that is allowed to happen, we are serfs.

• lovely says:

I agree Menagerie. We have been living with two sets of rules for decades, we are everything that the Revolutionist fought against.

If this is not righted under President Trump then our children will inherit something worse than the monarchy that we broke away from over 200 years ago. This has been a methodical evil encroachment of our laws and liberties and sadly most of the minions who are pushing us toward totalitarianism think they are doing a moral good.

Sickening.

There is no doubt that Mueller’s “evidence” and what came before him is all fruit of the forbidden tree. How far gone our country really is hinges on what happens with the “Russian Collusion” swindle and whether or not Team Clinton/Obama get hit with a brick wall.

All we can do is hope, pray, work for justice, the redemption of America and make others aware of what we are fighting for.

• All monies spent on this despicable farce should be refunded to the taxpayers. And everyone who played a role in this deserve long jail sentences.

4. nyetneetot says:

Mornin’ stella! (Smiter of those that ought to be smote) 😎 🍸 (Long Island Iced Tea)
    Mornin’ WeeWeed! (Master Mixologist Extrodinare) 😎 🍸 (Old Fashioned)
    Mornin’ Menagerie! 😎 |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| (Jack Daniels – Single Barrel )
    Mornin’ Ad rem! (Queen Felis catus) 🐱 🍸 (Flaming Lamborghini)
    Mornin’ Sharon! 😎 🍸 🍸 (earthquake)
    Mornin’ ytz4mee! 😎 🍸 (cosmopolitan)
    Mornin’ waltzingmtilda! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (white wine and perrier)
    Mornin’ partyzantski! πŸ™‚ |_| (Tom Collins)
    Mornin’ texan59! πŸ™‚ |_| (Black & Tan)
    Mornin’ ZurichMike! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (fuzzy navel)
    Mornin’ Col.(R) Ken! (hand salute) πŸ™‚ |_| (Boilermaker)
    Mornin’ czarina33! (aka czarina) πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Lynchburg Lemonade)
    Mornin’ czarowniczy! πŸ™‚ |_| (Wild Turkey Rare Breed)
    Mornin’ letjusticeprevail2014! πŸ™‚ |_| (Irish Car Bomb)
    Mornin’ Patriot1783-ctdar! (aka “ctdar”) πŸ™‚ 🍸 (grasshopper)
    Mornin’ tessa50! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (flaming volcano)
    Mornin’ waltzingmtilda! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (sidecar)
    Mornin’ varsityward! πŸ™‚ |_| (Godfather)
    Mornin’ MaryfromMarin! πŸ˜€ |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| (Mortlach)
    Mornin’ Wooly Covfefe! (aka “Wooly Phlox” aka “taqiyyologist”) πŸ™‚ |_| (Roy Rogers)
    Mornin’ Howie! (aka “doodahdaze”) πŸ™‚ |_| (Classic Daiquiri)
    Mornin’ TwoLaine! πŸ™‚ |_| (Gin & Tonic)
    Mornin’ Sha! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Lemon Drop)
    Mornin’ BigMamaTEA! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Harvey Wallbanger)
    Mornin’ cetera5! (aka “Cetera”) πŸ™‚ |_| (Blackberry wine)
    Mornin’ The Tundra PA! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Gentleman Jack Whiskey Sling)
    Mornin’ lovely! πŸ™‚ |_| (Backdraft)
    Mornin’ michellc! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Salty dog)
    Mornin’ auscitizenmom! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Kiss on the Lips)
    Mornin’ Margaret-Ann! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (White Russian)
    Mornin’ Auntie Lib! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Tom and Jerry)
    Mornin’ holly100! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Jack & Coke)
    Mornin’ Pam! πŸ™‚ (Not even water)
    Mornin’ Ms.Tee! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Mojito)
    Mornin’ koolkosherkitchen! πŸ™‚ 🍸 🍸 (Cuba Libre)
    Mornin’ ImpeachEmAll πŸ™‚ |_| (Flaming Dr. Pepper)
    Mornin’ Monroe! πŸ™‚ |_| (Stinger)
    Mornin’ Les! πŸ™‚ |_| (Rusty Nail)
    Mornin’ shiloh1973! πŸ™‚ |_| (Jack Daniels)
    Mornin’ TexasRanger! πŸ™‚ |_| (Whiskey Smash)
    Mornin’ Ziiggii! πŸ™‚ |_| (B52)
    Mornin’ oldiadguy! πŸ™‚ |_| (Rum & Coke)
    Mornin’ smiley! (“stuck in spambucket”) πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Spanish coffee)
    Mornin’ derk! (β€œStellars”) πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Kamikaze)
    Mornin’ Jacqueline Taylor Robson πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Shirley Temple)
    Mornin’ facebkwallflower! πŸ™‚ |_| (Night Train Express)
    Mornin’ Ms. Cindy! (aka “Ms Cynlynn” aka “ms cynlynn”) πŸ™‚ 🍸 (1970 ducru beaucaillou)
    Mornin’ sandandsea2015! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (1961 ChΓ’teau Montrose)
    Mornin’ amwick! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Blue motorcycle)
    Mornin’ hocuspocus13! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (1970 Chateau Latour)
    Mornin’ Sloth1963! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (1971 Moulin Touchais)
    Mornin’ MTeresa! (Ex-lurker) πŸ™‚ |_| (Albanian Raki Moskat)
    Mornin’ rheavolans! (aka “Rhea Salacia Volans”) πŸ™‚ |_| (Hot Buttered Rum)
    Mornin’ joshua! πŸ™‚ |_| (Mudslide)
    Mornin’ John Denney! πŸ™‚ |_| (RumChata)
    Mornin’ litenmaus! πŸ™‚ |_| (Stolichnaya elit, no ice)
    Mornin’ kinthenorthwest! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (A Lonely Island Lost in the Middle of a Foggy Sea)
    Mornin’ TwoLaine! πŸ™‚ |_| (Smoking Bishop)
    Mornin’ patternpuzzler! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Old Lady)
    Mornin’ SenatssekretΓ€r FREISTAAT DANZIG! πŸ™‚ |_| (Red Russian)
    Mornin’ G-d&Country! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Blind Russian)
    Mornin’ Gary! πŸ™‚ |_| (Yuengling)
    Mornin’ valeriecurren! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Flaming Sambuca)
    Mornin’ Lucille! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Peach Schnapps)
    Mornin’ Lburg! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Lburg lemonade)
    Mornin’ davidhuntpe! πŸ™‚ |_| (Baileys Irish Cream on the rocks)
    Mornin’ skipper1961! πŸ™‚ |_| (Brompton’s Cocktail – No cherry, no umbrella, no plastic monkey)
    Mornin’ mightyconservative! πŸ™‚ |_| (Benjamin Franklin’s clarified milk punch)
    Mornin’ NC Nana! πŸ™‚ 🍸 (Beautiful)
    Mornin’ whiners and complainers! πŸ˜› (No drink for you!)
    Mornin’ to people posting that I missed. 😳
    Mornin’ to all you lurkers! πŸ˜•

Also just in case someday; mornin’ to Elvis Chupacabra, F.D.R. in Hell and sundance! :mrgreen:

Breakfast!

NEW and IMPROVED breakfast with extra bacon for ZurichMike!

Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Tarts

5. lovely says:

Ten reasons today is a good day.

1) Those toes.

2) President Trump is retweeting Tom Fitton.

3) Running water. Cold or hot or anywhere in-between.

4) Karen Pence and Melania Trump offered to make salads for the NCAA Football National Champions instead President Trump opted to buy the Clemson Tigers a feast of McDonalds, Wendy’s, Burger King and pizza, paying for it all out of his own pocket.

Great being with the National Champion Clemson Tigers last night at the White House. Because of the Shutdown I served them massive amounts of Fast Food (I paid), over 1000 hamburgers etc. Within one hour, it was all gone. Great guys and big eaters!__President Trump

The feast was a hit!

5) The p*ssy hat brigade is being destroyed. The fact that the founders are hateful xenophobes has some of the self proclaimed woke crowd scratching their formerly p*ssy clad heads. Look for #walkaway to continue to grow in numbers.

6) Attorney General nominee William Barr stated that he would oppose the firing of Robert Mueller. If the firing was not for just cause. I believe the liberals think Barr means something other than he said.

7) Orion got adopted!!

8) Attorney General nominee William Barr informed the public that it was President Bill Clinton’s administration that defended in court the forced repatriation of Aids victims to their country of origin. Barr is armed for war. His lackadaisical demeanor is going to be an incredible shield against the slings and arrows of the MSM and the democrat cabal. They are nowhere near figuring out how to combat him.

9) Scott Adams said that while he was walking around Las Vegas people were looking at him and he believes that he is starting to be recognized from his periscope broadcasts.

A fellow tweeter deadpanned;

Were you with Kristina?”

Scott did not respond.

10) Almost any song is at our fingertips due to the wonder of Youtube.

• Menagerie says:

Really take a moment to appreciate number 3. Right now my well pump is out, and we had to wait for a new one. Should have running water again today, I hope.

• auscitizenmom says:

Unfortunately it appears that Barr is FOR gun confiscation. I got an email this morning from Dudley Brown.

• auscitizenmom says:

Hm. Interesting. Thanks.

• auscitizenmom says:

β€œWe need to push along the ERPOs so that we have these red flag [gun confiscation] laws…this is the single most important thing I think we can do in the gun control area.” This is Dudley’s version of what Barr said.

This is evidently what he actually said, “And I also think we need to push along the ERPOs (Extreme Risk Protection Orders), so we have these red flag laws to supplement the use of the background check to find out if someone has some mental disturbance. This is the single most important thing I think we can do in the gun control area to stop these massacres from happening in the first place.”

• czarowniczy says:

Here’s the thing, depression is getting to be the new medical ‘autism spectrum’. Note that an there’s an increasing number of TV commercials for depression meds (“…if you have suicidal thoughts while taking this medication…”) and meds to increase the efficacy of depression meds.

I’ve also noticed doctors asking more depression related questions during screening for wellness visits – seems there’s an idea that anyone over 60 is presumed to be depressed. When I asked why the depression interrogation the doc says that the folks above are the bones compiling the question lists, the docs just ask what the’re told to. My last hospital group was running a clinical trial or two on depression drugs so there’s always that possibility too. I make sure that I check my hospital’s website to swee what clinicaltrials they’re being paid to run before I agree to any treatments.

What bothers me is the docs, in their CYA modes, ignore the dangers of willy-nilly pop diagnoses. Many states do not generally allow one’s medical records to be introduced in criminal or civil trials but there are ways they can be brought in and there are few guidelines in Federal court. A doc’s flip ‘patient may show signs of depression’ has the potential to cause huge damage in court. Then there are the possibilities were a doc to be looking for expanded billing potential, try to play the depression card and your medical records to join the ranks of the more than 90-million stolen. Now their fair game for information brokers to sell your diagnosis.

Ah well…

And too many people are willing to pop anti-depression drugs to solve (they think) their problems. I recently read an article about depression drugs (it wasn’t positive), but I can’t remember where.

• czarowniczy says:

Ahhhh…sounds like a case of repressed anger which is an underlying symptom of depression!

• czarowniczy says:

On my once-a-year Medicare wellness visit, where my PCP who’s part of a doctor-owned complex, out of the blue suggests my fatigue may be depression. I mention to him that I have diabetes and fatigue is a factor there too but he refuses to deal with my diabetes as it’s being treated by a physician outside of their corporate practice.
                I told the doc who’s treating my diabetes and she ran a few blood tests and found out I was extremely low on vitamin D. She put me on a large daily dose of D and within a week I got most of my energy back, the rest has to be worked through as it’s the basic problem of cells not effectively using sugar.
                I’m sure that had I followed my PCP’s advice and gone for depression treatment that whoever was doing the screening would have found what they’re paid to find and I’d still been as fatigued but drugged into not caring.

A lot of people (probably not you) are low on vitamin D because they aren’t getting enough sun exposure. Skin cancer scare keeps people out of the sun, and slathered with sunscreen when they are in the sun.

• czarowniczy says:

I keep non-corporate docs treating my major issues. I find them by asking med workers who they’d take their kids to were their kids in need of being treated for ‘X’. As most of them have worked in multiple places with different med businesses they’ve seen how the various docs are and are about as trustworthy as you get.
                    My outr-of-corporate docs are great, and so are the in-corporate ones I choose, but it’s always my choice and my fault if I make the wrong decision.

• auscitizenmom says:

The doctor insisted that my father take an anti-depressant when he was in hospice with lung cancer, and about 9 months after my mother, his wife of 65 years had died. He was sad, but not clinically depressed, IMO. He finally gave in and took one. In about 20 min he got dizzy, fell into a chair and passed out, came too and threw up, then had a sudden case of diahrea. It was so bizarre. Of course, the doc said there was no connection, but the nurse who came agreed there was. So, she said he should take no more.

I really think they are over prescribed. My doggie just died and I am sad, but I am not clinically depressed.

• Menagerie says:

Almost every time I’ve gone to the doctor in the last 12-15 years I’ve had the depression diagnosis pushed at me. Hard. Started when I had really severe and frequent migraines. That migraine was not caused by depression, and I knew it.

• lovely says:

A positive influence as in family and or friends along with the dedication to nurture positive thoughts and starve negative thoughts, does as much, actually does more, to lift clinical depression as anti-depressants do.

Anti-Depressants almost always make depression worse in the long run, especially when a person is on them for a long time.

As with many mental health disorders it is my belief (which is shared by some of the medical community) that medication helps short term during acute episodes and generally exasperates states of un-wellness when used long term. That is the reason so many people transition from one drug to another.

• Lucille says:

“I’ve also noticed doctors asking more depression related questions during screening for wellness visits – seems there’s an idea that anyone over 60 is presumed to be depressed.”

Yoobooooy, so true! The last communication I received from my primary care provider was that the practice is morphing into a holistic/wellness-type where the emphasis will be on the whole person. Questions are asked about depression, anxiety, anger, etc.

Prior to their announcement I saw the doc on the continuing problem of not being able to sleep on my left side as it makes my heart feel like it’s being squished, causing shortness of breath and a cough. A multitude of tests showed nothing wrong with the heart but I still can’t sleep on the left. Conclusion: it’s psychosomatic and I need to take some sort of drug he was pushing plus see their in-house counselor. Uh-huh.

So, what do I do? I check at various clinic websites and it’s suggested–though it’s not common–that because I have a hiatal hernia (which the doc knows about), it may affect the heart, causing shortness of breath and a feeling of pressure when laying down. Did my own physician come up with that? Nope. Did he suggest that perhaps the hernia should be operated on? Nope. Did he even make the connection? Nope.

But then I’m just the dumb old patient who needs to stop making claims of non-existent symptoms.

• czarina33 says:

The internet helps us connect to so many people who know something about what we are experiencing, and if one can sift through the info & find some answers which seem right, try them out and end up doing better, when you tell your doctor what you learned the doctor may listen, consider, and (whether s/he agrees or not) at least you won’t likely be worse. I have a rather hands off MD who doesn’t argue with me, and never asks if I’m depressed! I solved my heartburn and discomfort by learning everything I could and applying that to figure out what worked best for me. And I don’t take any long term meds for it.

The most I have been able to find are unsourced allegations that he MAY have been an author of the Crime Control Act of 1990. That had nothing to do with gun confiscation, nor has he made any statements even close to that. It seems that the biggest objection to Barr is that he worked with Bush 41 almost 30 years ago.

• auscitizenmom says:

I wonder why Dudly is sending out this blatant statement……….while trying to collect money.

Can you link to the statement, or copy it here? I am curious to read exactly what was said. Maybe I’m missing something.

Ironically, I’m listening to a black woman complaining that the Federal law isn’t strict enough.

• auscitizenmom says:

Yesterday, I informed you about Barr’s troubling anti-gun statements from the 1990’s.
              And while I was holding out hope that Barr’s stance on gun rights changed over the years, I knew that we had to get his current views on record.
              During a line of questioning from notorious anti-gun Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) regarding gun control, Barr showed his true colors:
              β€œWe need to push along the ERPOs so that we have these red flag [gun confiscation] laws…this is the single most important thing I think we can do in the gun control area.”1
              Feinstein was so pleased that she gave Barr’s response her personal stamp of approval:
              β€œThank you, I’d like to work with you in that regard.”2
              Now that Barr has made his anti-gun intentions crystal clear, I have no choice but to aggressively oppose William Barr’s nomination for U.S. Attorney General.
              And I’m asking all NAGR supporters to contact their Senators and urge them to oppose the confirmation of William Barr for Attorney General.

As the top law enforcement official in the nation, we cannot afford to have an Attorney General who sides with Dianne Feinstein on gun confiscation laws.

β€œI would prefer a limitation on the clip size. But ultimately, I would recommend the President sign a bill that had the Brady waiting period and the DeConcini assault weapons provisions in it.”3
              Dear Patricia,
              Do you know who that anti-gun quote came from?
              It wasn’t Dianne Feinstein.
              It wasn’t Michael Bloomberg, or Nancy Pelosi either.
              Sadly, that quote came from former Attorney General, and current Attorney General Nominee William Barr.
              That’s right, Attorney General Nominee William Barr once supported a Magazine Ban and Gun Registration.
              And this week, Barr will be sitting before the Senate Judiciary Committee in hopes of once again holding the highest law enforcement office in the nation.
              Barr’s comments were from the early 1990’s, and it is possible that he has since reversed course and become a true defender of the Second Amendment.
              But we cannot afford to blindly make that assumption.
              That is why I need you to call your Senators today.
              Urge them to grill William Barr about his past anti-gun comments and insist that he go on record in support of your gun rights.
              You can click here to look up your Senators.
              Icritical that the United States has an Attorney General who understands and respects the Constitution, especially the Second Amendment!
              Dudley Brown
              President
              National Association for Gun Rights

Never mind. I see that you already did that!

• auscitizenmom says:

You know, I don’t know how I got on the list, NAGR (or something like that). They do seem to be alarmists. I don’t always read the email before I delete it.

• lovely says:

I’ll have to do some research. Thankfully he will not be able to take our guns but if he is pro-gun confiscation that is very bad news as to his mindset and fundamental understanding of America.

• lovely says:

It sounds to me like he is simply for keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill. Set aside the fact that being a patriot is likely to be in the DSM-6 as a psychotic mental health disorder and Barr’s position is perfectly reasonable.

• Morning lovely! I’m still smiling about the dems flipping out, because President Trump fed the Clemson football players fast food.

Mornin’ workin’ stiffs!

8. Bob says:

Where are the slot machines?

9. β€œWhite privilege” and β€œtoxic masculinity” may help spur on the demise of the Dem party… and I’m good with that! David Webb is awesome, by the way!

10. Menagerie says:

Okay Lucille, this one’s for you. The third house in that first episode could have been taken from a dream of mine.

• Menagerie says:

For some reason the same episode is recorded twice.

• Lucille says:

Thanks, menagerie. I’ll check it out.

Most of the time I’d take any one of the three offers. My least favorite type of house is where you have to duck going into a room or whack your head. Next is something with stairs so tight that you’d have to be uber small to make it through. But most of the time the houses are to die for.

• Menagerie says:

For some reason they usually don’t have bedrooms and even a single bathroom on the ground level. I don’t get it. They have three or four rooms they call reception rooms, but not a single bathroom without climbing stairs.

I agree about the short doors and tight stairs. They have so many old homes, and people used to be shorter and smaller.

I almost always like all three houses too, especially if there is a view, or it’s on water. And now I’ve seen two shows where they have divided up huge manors into apartments. That’s neat to see because it’s something different.

• Lucille says:

Finished watching the episode 30 minutes or so ago. Love the third house with the windows to show that incredible view. Looked up what #3 was in April 2010 U.S. dollars and it was $455,403.60. I wish they would have shown what the options were for the built-ins. Too bad they couldn’t afford it in the end.

The first house would have suited me just fine…right amount of space, great view, nice layout. But I definitely agree with you about not enough bathrooms. A newish house should always have anon-suite, a family bathroom and a 1/2 bath somewhere. You can never have enough bathrooms in my opinion.

The second house did seem rather bland overall…the kitchen wasn’t but it did seem to be bunched together somehow and I would have felt rather hemmed in.

• lovely says:

As to the bathrooms, it is an etiquette thing.

It’s impolite to have a bathroom where you spend your day with your family and entertain your guests.

Seriously, that is why.

Not having a bathroom on the main floor allows guests and family members to remove themselves from the general area and take care of bodily functions without being “obvious”.

At least so says my friend who was born and raised (and still lives) in England.

• Menagerie says:

British people my age must have better knees than me. It hurts to go up steps.

Me too. I only have one bathroom, but it is between the two bedrooms, which is good. Wish I had a half bath, which would come in handy when I have company. Wish I had a third bedroom too. Oh well. I loved my Michigan bungalow, which had a big bedroom on the second floor. I don’t know if they have those where you guys live, but they used to build those houses with an unfinished second level, but with a stairway, so the homeowner could finish it later. Mine was finished, and it was one big room with windows on both sides. My cousin said it reminded her of a treehouse, because I had a big tree on the one side.

• Menagerie says:

We are looking at a house that has a master downstairs with master bath, as well as a half bath. It has two bedrooms and a full bath upstairs, so room for grandkids to stay over without me having to have a large main floor to care for. I’d just have to dust and vacuum occasionally upstairs and of course clean up after the kids.

We have that layout now except the great room has a cathedral ceiling and there is an open loft upstairs, just one bedroom up ther. So, I need to go up to the loft and clean my way down at least weekly, which I don’t always do. And there is the railing across the balcony and the stairs to dust.

This other house has walls on the side of the stairs, and praise God, no high ceiling and loft. That’s something most everyone loves to see in a home, and we fell in love with it too. But imagine keeping it clean. Cobwebs happen, whether you can reach them or not. I have to take a six foot ladder upstairs, climb almost to the top (I don’t take risks and stand too far up) and use this pretty heavy long extending duster pole hootus.

Worth it to us almost twenty years ago when we moved in. Not now.

• Menagerie says:

That house sounds awesome. My Kansas uncle had a wonderful bungalow I always loved. Nebraska uncle had an awesome two story farmhouse type home, but it was in a small town. I think it was old enough to have been there before parts of the town were built.

I like that house, although it needed a LOT of work. I was renting it, and my landlord wanted to sell it to me, but it needed so much – roof, furnace, windows, carpeting, kitchen and bath update, basement waterproofing. So much of it was original (1940’s). I was better off buying a house that isn’t as large as I would like, but was updated. The people who bought it got a deal, but they had the money to put into it. I did notice that they haven’t replaced the windows yet!

The house I own now had a fairly new roof, waterproofed basement, updated kitchen, new furnace and air conditioning, updated windows. It also has a small garage, which the old house did not.

• auscitizenmom says:

From your description of the work needed on the old house, it seems like it needed to be practically rebuilt. Remember Extreme Makeover. When it started they were fixing the problems in the old houses. They soon discovered that it was cheaper and easier to tear the old one down and build a completely new one.

The house was sound (except for the basement water, which is common in that neighborhood – clay soil. Water always wins, you now). It just hadn’t been updated in many, many years. The bathroom and kitchen were functional, but OLD! Old pine cabinets built in place, and kitchen carpeting (ugh). The furnace was old, and it worked, just not very efficient.

Thanks to those of you who encouraged me to see The Mule. It was very good. There was no CGI, no beating up people, no gory murders that lasted for a long time on screen, or extended car chase scenes. What there was, was a very good story, good acting, and touching moments. I highly recommend it.

Oh, how good of him…THIS is a “religion” that supposed to appeal to sane folk?

NYC: Imam says Muslims should beat wives lightly β€œso that it doesn’t hurt her physically, it hurts her dignity.”
    January 16, 2019 2:00 PM By Robert Spencer

Why does Sheikh Yaser Nadeem Al-Wajdi have to preach this sermon? What is going on among the men at the Muslim Center of New York?

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Col. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.